Mark Anthony (writer)
Mark Anthony is an American author who lives and writes in Colorado.
Anthony wrote a number of novels based on Dungeons & Dragons published worlds, Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, and Ravenloft. His first such novel was Crypt of the Shadowking in The Harpers series, and he has written several short stories as well.
Anthony had written a novel about Drizzt Do'Urden called "The Shores of Dusk" by the time Wizards of the Coast acquired TSR; however, Wizards opted not to publish Anthony's novel in favor of bringing back R. A. Salvatore to write about Drizzt, beginning with The Silent Blade (1998).
Anthony is best known for The Last Rune series, which he developed to explore the idea that reason and wonder need not exist in conflict. Recently[when?] he has written a trilogy under the pseudonym Galen Beckett, beginning with a novel The Magicians and Mrs. Quent, whose blurb, similarly to The Last Rune, claims that the book was written to given an answer to the question "what if there was a fantastical cause underlying the social constraints and limited choices confronting a heroine in a novel by Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte?".
The Last Rune series
- Beyond the Pale (1998)
- The Keep of Fire (1999)
- The Dark Remains (2001)
- Blood of Mystery (2002)
- The Gates of Winter (2003)
- The First Stone (2004)
The Magicians and Mrs. Quent series
- The Magicians And Mrs. Quent (2008) (as Galen Beckett)
- The House on Durrow Street (2010) (as Galen Beckett)
- The Master of Heathcrest Hall (2012) (as Galen Beckett)
Forgotten Realms novels
- Kindred Spirits (with Ellen Porath) (1991)
- Tower of Doom (1994)
- Buker, Derek M. (2002). The science fiction and fantasy readers' advisory: the librarian's guide to cyborgs, aliens, and sorcerers. ALA readers' advisory series. ALA Editions. pp. 127–128. ISBN 0-8389-0831-4.
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. p. 283. ISBN 978-1-907702-58-7.
- Mark Anthony
- Mark Anthony's official website
- Interview at SFFWorld.com
- Mark Anthony at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Galen Beckett's official website
- "Mark Anthony :: Pen & Paper RPG Database". Archived from the original on January 3, 2011.
|This article about an American fantasy writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|