Mark G. Brady
|Alma mater||Northwestern University, University of Chicago|
|Occupation||Global Head of Mergers and Acquisitions, William Blair & Company|
|Board member of||Mercy Home for Boys and Girls|
Communities in Schools Chicago
Brady previously worked for Kidder, Peabody & Company. He joined William Blair & Company in 1991 and became partner of the firm in 1996. William Blair is the biggest Chicago-based investment banking firm, and had the highest volume of US transactions with private equity in 2017, according to Mergermarket. During his time at the company, Brady has completed more than 150 acquisitions and transactions with companies domiciled in 15 different countries. Brady’s insights on investment banking have been featured in several business publications and on private equity panels.
In 2008, he was named Mid-Market Banker of the Year by Investment Dealers’ Digest. In 2013, he received the M&A Mid-Market Dealmaker of the Year Award for his involvement with the sale of TMW Systems Inc. and Colson. Brady serves on the Board of Advisors for PlanetEcosystems, a customer engagement platform provider.
In 2012, Brady and his team completed 76 transactions totaling $13.8 billion, increasing their number of transactions by 31 percent year-over-year and transaction value by 15 percent. Brady was also involved in the $3.0 billion spinoff of Collier’s from FirstService, the sale of Boulder Brands to Pinnacle Foods for $975 million, and the $385 million sale of Woodstream to Vestar Capital.
Philanthropy and community involvement
- Marek, Lynne. "What's feeding the growth spurt at investment bank William Blair". www.investmentnews.com. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "William Blair > Mark Brady". www.williamblair.com. Retrieved 2017-06-18.
- "Q&A: William Blair's banner year". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "Beecken Petty O'Keefe & Company Private Equity Conference (PEC) at Chicago Booth". student.chicagobooth.edu. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "William Blair dealmaking surges". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "2017 Full Year Global M&A Trend Report: Legal Advisors". Mergermarket. 2018-01-04. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "How Protectionist Attitudes Impact the M&A Market | Welcome to The Deal". www.thedeal.com. Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- "Acquisitions, mergers follow natural course". tribunedigital-chicagotribune. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Dealmaker of the Year: Mark Brady". Mergers & Acquisitions. Retrieved 2017-06-18.
- "About Us - PlanetEcosystems". PlanetEcosystems. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "DEALMAKER OF THE YEAR
Mark Brady". Mergers & Acquisitions. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "OUR LEADERS – Communities In Schools". www.cisofchicago.org. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "William Blair Supports Mercy Home | Mercy Home for Boys & Girls". Mercy Home for Boys & Girls. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Mark Brady" (PDF). The Deal. Retrieved 2017-08-15.