Mark Bryant (bishop)
|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Jarrow|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Durham|
|In office||2007 to present|
|Other posts||Archdeacon of Coventry (2001–2007)|
|Consecration||13 September 2007
by John Sentamu
|Born||8 October 1949|
|Children||3 adult children|
|Alma mater||Durham University|
Bryant was born on 8 October 1949. He was educated at St John's School, Leatherhead. He went on to study at St John's College, Durham University and then studied for the ordained ministry at Cuddesdon College.
Bryant served curacies at Addlestone, Guildford from 1975 to 1979, and from 1979 to 1983 at Studley, Salisbury (during the latter also acting as Chaplain to Trowbridge college) — he was then Vicar of the same parish from 1983 to 1988. From 1988 to 1996 he was Vocational Development Adviser, Diocese of Coventry, and Diocesan Director of Ordinands. From 1993 to 2001 he was an honorary canon of Coventry Cathedral. From 1996 to 2001, he was Team Rector at Caludon, Coventry, and from 1999 to 2001 he was also Area Dean of East Coventry. He was Archdeacon of Coventry from 2001 to 2007 and, since 2006, also a Canon Residentiary of Coventry Cathedral.
Bryant was consecrated as bishop by John Sentamu, Archbishop of York in York Minster on 13 September 2007. He was welcomed to the Diocese of Durham in a special service in Durham Cathedral on Sunday 16 September 2007 at 3.30pm.
- The Reverend Mark Bryant (1975–1993)
- The Reverend Canon Mark Bryant (1993–2001)
- The Venerable Mark Bryant (2001–2007)
- The Right Reverend Mark Bryant (2007–present)
- Jarrow, Bishop Suffragan of, (Rt Rev. Mark Watts Bryant). Who's Who. 2014 (December 2013 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Official notification
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- York Minster — New Bishop of Jarrow consecrated
- Durham Cathedral — Installation of the Bishop of Jarrow
- Debrett's People of Today London, 2008 Debrett's, ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
- Diocese of Durham — Bishops
|Church of England titles|
|Archdeacon of Coventry
|Bishop of Jarrow