||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
28 August 1968
Bolton, Lancashire, England, UK
Mark Charnock (born 28 August 1968) is an English actor, best known for his part in ITV's Emmerdale as Marlon Dingle. a role he has played for 20 years. Charnock also plays 'Brother Oswin' in Cadfael.
Charnock was educated at Canon Slade School, Hull University and Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art. He is an avid supporter of Manchester United. A self-confessed zombie obsessive, with fellow Emmerdale co-star, Dominic Brunt, he hosted the city of Leeds' first ever zombie festival on 20 April 2008.
Charnock's television debut was in 1992, when he played the character of 'Duane' in an episode of 2point4 Children. In 1993 he appeared as a solicitor in the ITV comedy Watching. He also starred alongside Derek Jacobi in TV drama Cadfael from 1994-1997. He played the bumbling Brother Oswin, a young novice who often accompanies Benedictine monk Brother Cadfael during his private investigations. He got the part of Marlon Dingle in Emmerdale in 1996 and has been playing him ever since. Charnock also played a role in ITV's Coronation Street. He played a pizza delivery man.
-  Archived 26 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived 22 July 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- [dead link]
- "Not this again! | Leeds Zombie Film FestivalLeeds Zombie Film Festival". Leedszombiefilmfestival.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "British Soap Awards (2004)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- Digital Spy Interview with Mark Charnock
- Mark Charnock at the Internet Movie Database
- Leeds Zombie Film Festival
|This article about an English television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|