||This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (May 2015)|
Mark Chasan is a lawyer, merchant banker and entrepreneur. In 1995, Chasan founded Emusic, and as Chairman and CEO of Emusic created the world’s first online digital music distribution and retailing company and a leading online music and entertainment superstore. In February 1999, Emusic merged with Goodnoise/Emusic.com, Inc. and went public (NASDAQ: EMUS). Also, in 1995, Chasan formed Webcentral, one of the first web development, hosting and co-location facilities in the US and hosted such customers as Caltrans, ReMax and AudioNet/Broadcast.com. Webcentral was acquired by Interworld Communications in 1997.
Chasan is currently the Chairman and CEO of AWE Global, Inc., a company developing sustainable communities as well as integrated conscious & healthy workspaces. AWE Enterprises, a division of AWE Global, Inc., provides education, workshops and consulting for Whole & Healthy People & Organizations. Also, Chasan is the CEO of Transformative, Inc., a firm focused on financing socially responsible, sustainable and clean-tech businesses. Chasan has been instrumental in creating new financial models for a process driven approach to liquidity and value creation utilizing a private-to-public strategy.
- Digital Hollywood - http://www.digitalhollywood.com/DH06Fl-VCTrk.html
- "Music to their Ears: Virtual CD Stores", BusinessTown.com
- Info.com - reference - reference.Info.com
- SEC Info - Emusic Com Inc - 10SB12G/A - On 12/24/98 - EX-2.3
- "Publex Ventures Debuts Unique Fund Leveraging Public and Private Equity", Look Smart, March 2004 - http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_pwwi/is_200403/ai_mark4042033342