Mark Costello (Iowa politician)
|Member of the Iowa Senate|
from the 12th district
Assumed office |
December 30, 2014
|Preceded by||Joni Ernst|
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives|
from the 23rd district
January 14, 2013 – December 30, 2014
|Preceded by||Dan Rasmussen|
|Succeeded by||David Sieck|
|Born||October 24, 1961|
|Alma mater||University of Northern Iowa|
Mark Costello (born October 24, 1961) is the Iowa State Senator from the 12th District. He previously served as an Iowa State Representative in the 23rd District. A Republican, he served in the Iowa House of Representatives from 2013–2014 and the Iowa State Senate since 2015. Costello resides in Imogene, Iowa. He has a B.A. in computer information systems from the University of Northern Iowa.
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mark Costello (R-Imogene) was first elected to the Iowa House in 2012 representing House District 23.
Mark served as Vice Chair of the Iowa House Health & Human Resources Budget Subcommittee. His other committee assignments for the 85th General Assembly include: Human Resources, State Government, Veterans Affairs, and Labor.
|Iowa House of Representatives primary elections, 2012 |
|Iowa House of Representatives general elections, 2012 |
|Republican (newly redistricted)||Mark Costello||Republican||unopposed|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-05-28. Retrieved 2013-06-01.
- "2012 Primary Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 106. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "2012 General Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 69. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mark Costello.|
- Representative Mark Costello[permanent dead link] official Iowa General Assembly site
- Profile at Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
|Iowa House of Representatives|
| 23rd District
2013 – present