Mark Crispin Miller
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mark Crispin Miller (born 1949) is professor of media studies at New York University, and the author of the book: Fooled Again, How the Right Stole the 2004 Elections. He is known for his writing on American media and for his activism on behalf of democratic media reform. His books include Boxed In: The Culture of TV, Seeing Through Movies, and Mad Scientists, a study of war propaganda.
He graduated from Northwestern University with a BA in 1971, Johns Hopkins University with an MA in 1973, and a Ph.D. in 1977. His parents, Jordan and Anita Miller, are the founders of Academy Chicago Publishers.
According to Miller's book, Fooled Again, the 2000 and 2004 U.S. Presidential election were stolen. Miller presents evidence supporting his contention that the outcome of both elections was altered and controlled by a small minority. He states that the American voting populace can no longer assume that their votes will be accurately assessed, and that the installation of electronic voting machines in state after state is a fundamental flaw in the U.S. electoral system. He appeared in the 2004 documentary Orwell Rolls in His Grave, which focuses on the hidden mechanics of the media, its role as it should be and what it actually is, and how it shapes (to the point of almost controlling) U.S. politics.
His book, Loser Take All: Election Fraud and the Subversion of Democracy 2000-2008, covers U.S. election fraud and its acceptance in those years.
He is a signatory to the 9/11 Truth Statement. Interviewed by the New York Observer website, Miller said anyone using the conspiracy theory description "in a pejorative sense is a witting or unwitting CIA asset".
- Loser Take All: Election Fraud and The Subversion of Democracy, Brooklyn, NY: Ig Publishing, 2008, ISBN 978-0-9788431-4-4
- Fooled Again: The Real Case for Electoral Reform, New York: Basic Books, 2005, ISBN 0-465-04579-0
- Boxed In: The Culture of Television, Northwestern Univ Pr (December 1988), ISBN 978-0-8101-0792-2
- The Bush Dyslexicon: Observations on a National Disorder, W.W. Norton, ISBN 0-393-32296-3
- Cruel and Unusual: Bush/Cheney's New World Order, W.W. Norton & Company, ISBN 0-393-05917-0
- A Patriot Act (play/film)
- Introduction to Propaganda by Edward Bernays. Ig Publishing, September 1, 2004. ISBN 978-0-9703125-9-4
- Rossmier, Vincent (11 September 2009). "Would you still sign the 9/11 Truth petition?". Salon. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- Respected Leaders and Families Launch 9/11 Truth Statement Demanding Deeper Investigation into the Events of 9/11, 911truth.org, 2004-10-26
- Stutman, Gabe (July 26, 2017). "NYU Professor Uses Tenure to Advance 9/11 Hoax Theory". Observer. New York. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Mark Crispin Miller|
- Official bio at New York University's Department of Media, Culture & Communication
- Official blog News From Underground
- Author interview in Guernica Magazine (Guernicamag.com)
- recorded interview with Miller, part one
- recorded interview with Miller, part two
- Mark Crispin Miller on IMDb
- November 04, 2005., Mark Crispin Miller: “Kerry Told Me He Now Thinks the Election Was Stolen”
- "Interview: Mark Crispin", Frontline,
- Mark Crispin Miller on conspiracies, media, and mad scientists
- Betrayal Trauma in the 2004 Election