4 February 1960 |
|Parent(s)||Richard Dawson and Diana Dors|
|Website||DRZ Entertainment Group|
Mark Richard Dawson (born 4 February 1960) is an American entertainment manager and CEO of Dawson, Reeves and Zutaut Entertainment Group (otherwise known as DRZ Entertainment Group), based in Los Angeles.
Life and career
Dawson was born in London, the first son of the actor and game show host Richard Dawson and the actress Diana Dors. A young Dawson appeared alongside his father on a few early episodes of Family Feud. He worked as an assistant to the producer Mark Goodson and as a showcase and question writer for The Price Is Right, Concentration, The Better Sex, Match Game and Family Feud. He was once introduced by his father on an episode of Family Feud to promote his band, The Midnight Eyes. He served as a creative consultant of the latter show's second run, with his father as host from 1994 to 1995. Dawson was also an associate producer at Rastar Productions and at NBC for You Bet Your Life, a remake based on an old Groucho Marx TV program from the 1950s that his father's production company produced in the 1980s. In 2001, he was hired by Paul Schrader as a technical advisor for the movie Auto Focus starring Greg Kinnear and Willem Dafoe.
In March 1979, Dawson married Cathy Hughart, an assistant producer on his father's Family Feud show. "I could not have chosen a classier spouse for my son or a more wonderful person than Cathy." Richard Dawson said. Unfortunately the two later divorced.
Dawson manages the all-female tribute band The Iron Maidens, the cover band Crabby Patty and the all-female heavy metal band Phantom Blue. Drummer Linda McDonald is a member of all three bands. In 2008, along with Brad and Tom Zutaut, he developed a tribute bands television show for New Wave Entertainment.
- Concentration – Production assistant, editorial staff, rebus writer, assistant contestant coordinator (1976–1977)
- Match Game – Editorial staff (1976)
- Tattletales – Editorial staff (1976)
- The Better Sex – Music coordinator (1977)
- Family Feud – Editorial staff (1977–1985); Creative consultant (1994–1995)
- The Price is Right – Showcase writer (1977)
- Card Sharks – Music coordinator, production assistant (1978)
- Nudity Required – Associate producer (1988)
- You Bet Your Life – Associate producer (1988)
- Auto Focus – Technical advisor (2002)
- The Iron Maidens Live at Galaxy Theater – Director (2007)
- Family Feud – Himself (select episodes)
- Who Got Diana Dors' Millions – Himself
The Midnight Eyes
- At The Roxy – (1980)
The Iron Maidens
- World's Only Female Tribute to Iron Maiden – Co-producer (2005)
- Route 666 – Co-Producer (DVD) (2007)
- The Root of All Evil – Co-Producer (2008)
- Metal Gathering Tour 2010 – Japan – Co-Producer (2010)