This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
March 9, 1971 |
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Mark Dominik (born March 9, 1971) is a former professional football executive and scout for the Kansas City Chiefs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL) from 1994 to 2013. Dominik joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after spending a year and a half working in both the college and pro personnel departments of the Kansas City Chiefs. In 1995, Dominik was named Pro Personnel Assistant with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He moved up to Pro Scout, Coordinator of Pro Scouting and onto Director of Pro Scouting from 1997 to 2008. Dominik succeeded Bruce Allen as General Manager on January 17, 2009. Dominik held the position of General Manager from 2009 thru the 2013 season. Dominik during his tenure as General Manager with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was active in the military community. He was a finalist in the NFL's salute to service award in 2012. Dominik also was formerly an analyst for ESPN  where he was on SportsCenter, NFL Insiders, ESPN Radio and NFL Live. Dominik is a host on Sirius XM NFL Radio. Born in St. Cloud, Minnesota, Dominik holds a bachelor of science degree in sports management from the University of Kansas.
As Director of Pro Personnel, Dominik's duties included overseeing the scouting, recruiting and signing efforts of all NFL players, while also monitoring NFL transactions and overseeing player tryouts. He was also in charge of the pro personnel department's evaluation of players in all other professional football leagues, including the Canadian Football League and the Arena Football League, while being responsible for the negotiation and signing of contracts for several free agents and NFL Draft signings.Prior to the start of the 2001 season, Dominik began the first of his eight years as Director of Pro Personnel. In 2002, the franchise won its first world championship, a Super Bowl XXXVII victory over the Oakland Raiders.
Dominik headed up five draft classes while serving as the club's General Manager.
• DT/Gerald McCoy (2010- ) 7-year starter, 5x Pro Bowl, 3x 1st Team All Pro
• DT/Roy Miller (2009- ) 6-year starter
• LB/DS Mark Barron (2012- ) 5-year starter, 2012 All-Rookie Team
• FB/Erik Lorig (2010-2014) 4-year starter
• LB/Mason Foster (2011- ) 5-year starter
• WR/Mike Williams (2010-2014) 3-year starter, 2010 All-Rookie Team
• DC/EJ Biggers (2009-2015) 3-year starter
• LB/Lavonte David (2012- ) 5-year starter,Pro Bowl,1st Team All Pro,2012 All-Rookie Team
• TE/Luke Stocker (2011- ) 4-year starter
• QB/Josh Freeman (2009-2015) 4-year starter
• DE/William Gholston (2013- ) 3-year starter
• DE/Adrian Clayborn (2011- ) 4-year starter
• DT/Akeem Spence (2013- ) 2-year starter
• DC/Jonathan Banks (2013- ) 2-year starter
• WR/Arrelious Benn (2010- ) 2-year starter
• RB/Doug Martin (2012- ) 4-year starter, 2x Pro Bowl, 2012 All-Rookie Team
17 draft picks signed multi-year extensions after rookie deal expired: Miller, Biggers, Lorig, Watson, Williams, Benn, McCoy, Stocker, Foster, Clayborn, Tandy, David, Martin, Barron, Gholston, Spence and Glennon.
Signed or extended contracts of Pro Bowl Players: • Vincent Jackson 3x Pro Bowl • Davin Joseph 2x Pro Bowl • Donald Penn 2x Pro Bowl • Derrelle Revis 7x Pro Bowl • Dashon Goldson 2x Pro Bowl