Mark Elliot (voice-over artist)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
September 24, 1939
|Other names||Sandy Shore|
John Harrison Frick Jr., known professionally as Mark Elliot (born September 24, 1939) is an American voice-over artist best known as the primary voice for Disney productions from 1983 to 2008. He also provided voice-overs for trailers of non-Disney films, logos, feature presentation bumpers and commercials. He was also the voice of CBS and FOX throughout the 1980s and 1990s, and various theatrical trailers for such non-Disney animated movies. In addition to his behind-the-scenes work, Elliott starred with four other notable voice artists in the 1997 short film 5 Men and a Limo.
Previously, Elliot was a radio disc jockey, having deejayed for KIOA in Des Moines, Iowa (as Sandy Shore), WKYC in Cleveland, Ohio (as Buddy Harrison), and RKO General radio stations CKLW in Windsor/Detroit (as Ed Mitchell), KFRC in San Francisco and KHJ in Los Angeles. Later, Elliot guest-hosted for Casey Kasem on American Top 40 several times between 1977 and 1982, and again when Kasem hosted Casey's Top 40, he was the regular guest host from 1989 to 1993. He also briefly had his own music countdown show for Drake-Chenault, The Weekly Top 30, which aired between 1979 and 1982.
- Hogan, Dick (June 21, 1985). "It's all in a name for this disc jockey". Cedar Rapids Gazette. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- "Rock Radio Scrapbook: The CKLW Years, Pt. 1". Rockradioscrapbook.ca. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- "Sandy Shore - Iowa Rock n Roll Music Association - Inductee List". Iowarocknroll.com. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- Levine, Ken (January 13, 2011). "How to break into voice overs without holding up a sign". Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- on YouTube; retrieved March 31, 2015.
|This article about an American voice actor born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|