|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (April 2015)|
Mark Fitzloff (born February 3, 1971 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin) is an American advertising creative director. He is most known for his work at Wieden+Kennedy on Nike and Coca-Cola, and for reviving Procter & Gamble's Old Spice brand. He is also the executive producer and screenwriter of Tempbot, Neill Blomkamp's cult short film.
Mark has worked as a writer, and most recently Executive Creative director in the Portland, Oregon headquarter of the Wieden+Kennedy, Nike's long-standing advertising agency. Mark runs W+K's Portland office with partners Susan Hoffman and Tom Blessington.
Mark has worked at W+K since 1999. His creative career highlights include multiple super bowl commercials, repeated recognition by top award shows, including Cannes, D&AD, Clios and the One Show, and leading new business for W+K including Coca-Cola, P&G and Levi's. He has also been interviewed in several business and industry trade publications, as well as on Fox News, discussing creativity in Super Bowl advertising.
- Mae Anderson and Deanna Zamit. "Mark Fitzloff on the Spot". AdWeek.
...the 34-year-old is applying lessons learned on that iconic brand for a 2007 relaunch of Old Spice, a drugstore staple whose image, and signature bottle, has been collecting dust.
- "Full cast and crew for Tempbot (2006)". Retrieved September 21, 2009.
Mark Fitzloff: writer. Mark Fitzloff: Executive Producer
- "Funny Commercials World – tag: Mark Fitzloff". Retrieved September 21, 2009.
Heineken: Expedition Leader. Careerbuilder.com: Tips
- "Cannes Lions Winners, Shortlists and Entries Listing: Cyber Lions -Old Spice: Swaggerize Me". Cannes Lions. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
Mark Fitzloff: Executive Creative Director, Copywriter, Creative Director[dead link]
- "Cannes Lions Winners, Shortlists and Entries Listing: Coraline". Cannes Lions. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
Mark Fitzloff: ECD [Executive Creative Director][dead link]
- "Coca-Cola: Videogame".
Awards: CLIO Awards 2007, ONE SHOW 2007. Creative Director: Mark Fitzloff
- Evan West (May 1, 2009). "Old Spice Smells Like a Billion Bucks". FastCompany. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
The new strategy, explains Mark Fitzloff, an executive creative director at the agency, is an irreverent spin on the kind of demonstration-based advertising that built many of P&G's 24 billion-dollar brands.
- Stephanie Kang (January 18, 2008). "CareerBuilder Hopes 'Tough Love' Attracts". Wall Street Journal, WSJ.com. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
The fact is, our consumers are in an office," says Wieden Creative Director Mark Fitzloff. "I don't know that we had much of a choice in the matter.
- Stuart Elliott (January 8, 2007). "Old Spice Tries a Dash of Humor to Draw Young Men". The New York Times, NYTimes.com. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
Our timing was good because this is a moment when everyone appreciates authenticity, when retro is not necessarily a bad word," Mr. Fitzloff said. "So we can say, 'You can either be authentic or trendy.'
- "The Big Story w/ Gibson and Nauert: Topics and Guests for Friday, Jan. 30". FOXNews.com. January 30, 2004. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
Super Bowl commercials: Mark Fitzloff, ad copy writer