Mark Fraser (secretary)
|Official Secretary to the Governor-General of Australia|
27 June 2014 – 18 August 2018
|Governor-General||Sir Peter Cosgrove|
|Preceded by||Stephen Brady|
|Succeeded by||Paul Singer|
Mark Thomas Fraser
6 March 1975
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
|Alma mater||Monash University|
Fraser was educated at Bond University, obtaining a Bachelor of Arts in international relations, journalism and public relations in 1994. He graduated with a Masters in Foreign Affairs and Trade from Monash University in 2001.
Fraser has served in several senior diplomatic positions, including as Consul-General in the Netherlands (2004–2007) and Consul in Turkey (1998–2001).
On 17 October 2003, Fraser was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia for his efforts following the Bali bombings of October 2002, in providing assistance to the victims and their families. He was further honoured with appointment as a Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order in January 2014, for his services as Deputy Official Secretary to the Governor-General of Australia since 2009.
Fraser was appointed Official Secretary to the Governor-General of Australia on 27 June 2014, succeeding Stephen Brady. He left the post in August 2018, and for his services was advanced to Commander of the Royal Victorian Order in the 2019 New Year Honours.
Fraser was advanced to an Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) as part of the 2019 Australia Day Honours for "distinguished service to the Crown as Official Secretary to the Governor-General, and to international relations."
- Who's Who in Australia. ConnectWeb. 2018.
- "Governor-General appoints new Official Secretary". Archived from the original on 10 April 2019. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) entry for Mr Mark Thomas FRASER". It's an Honour, Australian Honours Database. Canberra, Australia: Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. 17 October 2003. Retrieved 17 February 2020.
For service through the provision of assistance to victims and to their families following the bombings which occurred in Bali on 12 October 2002.
- The Royal Victorian Order – Lieutenant Archived 12 April 2015 at the Wayback Machine
- "No. 62507". The London Gazette (Supplement). 29 December 2018. p. N4.
- "Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) entry for Mr Mark Thomas FRASER CVO OAM". It's an Honour, Australian Honours Database. Canberra, Australia: Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. 26 January 2019. Retrieved 17 February 2020.
For distinguished service to the Crown as Official Secretary to the Governor-General, and to international relations.