||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Stephen Mark Freiburger
July 16, 1983
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
|Alma mater||UNC School of the Arts|
|Occupation||Film Director & Screenwriter|
Stephen Mark Freiburger (born July 16, 1983 in Roanoke, Virginia) is an American filmmaker. Freiburger grew up in Charlotte, North Carolina, attending Providence High School and the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. At age 22, Freiburger produced and directed his first feature, Dog Days of Summer, and at 29 he directed the Greatest Super Bowl Commercial of All Time as named by CBS.
Early life and education
- Graduated from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts in 2005.
- Graduated from Providence High School in 2001.
- Attached to direct Elsewhere feature, a Hollywood Black List script.
- Writer of Citizen feature in development at Original Film
- Writer of Silver Birches UK based feature currently in post-production.
- Shadowed Michael Bay on the set of Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- Directed Jimmy, starring Kelly Carlson, Bob Gunton, Patrick Fabian, Ted Levine and Ian Colletti.
- Wrote and produced The Trial, starring Matthew Modine, Bob Gunton and Robert Forster. Released by 20th Century Fox.
- Directed and produced Dog Days of Summer. Feature directorial debut. Released by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Prior to his features, he directed numerous award-winning shorts, and a handful of music videos for BET.
- Winner of the 2013 Doritos Crash the Super Bowl contest. His commercial Fashionista Daddy made for a mere $300 beat out thousands of other entries, aired during Super Bowl XLVII on February 3, 2013 and was the #1 ranked :30 commercial of the Super Bowl on the USA Today Ad Meter. It landed him a mentorship under director Michael Bay on Transformers: Age of Extinction starring Mark Whalberg.
- On January 29, 2014 it was announced during a live broadcast on CBS that his Doritos commercial was ranked the Greatest Super Bowl Commercial of All Time on a countdown of the top 10 commercials in Super Bowl history.
- Directed an anti-drug advert featuring Jamie Lee Curtis for The Clare Foundation, among other PSA's for non-profit organizations.
- Recently directed an IKEA TV commercial to air in Spring 2017.
- Directed the Cooper & Joey pilot for Nickelodeon.
- Directed sketch comedy pieces for DreamWorksTV.
- Directed 110 Stories at Los Angeles' prestigious Geffen Playhouse in 2010, which starred John Hawkes, Katharine McPhee, Ed Asner, Diane Venora, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Michael Welch, Nicholas Turturro, Michael Beach and Sharon Lawrence.
|This article about a United States film director born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|