|Born||January 8, 1965|
|Known for||GNU Scientific Library|
Mark Galassi is a physicist, computer scientist and contributor to the free software movement. He was born in Manhattan, grew up in France and Italy and currently lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
He works in the Space Science and Applications group at Los Alamos National Laboratory as a Research Scientist
In Los Alamos he has worked in:
- Gamma-ray bursts
- HETE and HETE-2 satellites, the Raptor telescope, the Swift satellite.
- Muon tomography
- Cosmic-ray muon tomography to detect high-Z materials.
- Nuclear nonproliferation
- Scientific methods to address the spread of nuclear materials and weapons.
- Machine learning
- The Genie feature extraction system.
- it:Liceo classico Giuseppe Parini