|Born||July 9, 1960|
|Net worth||£325 million (2018)|
|Spouse(s)||Domitilla Harding (m. 1982 div. 2011)|
|Parent(s)||Sir John Paul Getty|
|Relatives||John Paul Getty III (brother)|
Ariadne Getty (sister)
Balthazar Getty (nephew)
J. Paul Getty (paternal grandfather)
Ann Rork Light (paternal grandmother)
George Getty (paternal great-grandfather)
Sam E. Rork (paternal great-grandfather)
Gordon Getty (paternal uncle)
Andrew Getty (cousin)
Mark Harris Getty, KBE (born July 9, 1960), is an American businessman who holds Irish citizenship and is co-founder of Getty Images. A member of the Getty family, which originally made its money from oil, he is the son of American Gail Harris, and American-British billionaire philanthropist Sir John Paul Getty.
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Getty began his career with spells at Kidder Peabody in New York and then joined Hambros Bank Limited in London. He co-founded Getty Investments LLC Group, which is the majority shareholder of the photographic agency Getty Images, with Jonathan Klein in 1993. Getty is the chairman of Getty Images. Under his leadership it has become a major supplier of both commercial and private photographs, especially for publications in the UK and US. Getty is a member of the board of Getty Investments LLP.
In 1982, Getty married Domitilla Harding, a member of the House of Lante Montefeltro della Rovere, at the Basilica of the Twelve Apostles in Rome. Together they have three children. His son Joseph married jewelry designer and socialite Sabine Ghanem at the same Basilica in May 2015. Getty and Harding divorced in 2011.
- The Gettys in Tuscany wmagazine.com, published 1 April 2005
- Sunday Times Rich List
- "How I Made It: Mark Getty, chairman of Getty Images". The Sunday Times. 2003-02-02. ISSN 0956-1382. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "Sunday Times Rich List 2007". The Times. London. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "How I Made It: Mark Getty, chairman of Getty Images". The Sunday Times. London. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "Getty family takes stake in UK acquisition venture". The Independent. 1994-01-09. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- "The Wisden Group - People - Mark H. Getty (Non Executive Director)". static.espncricinfo.com. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- London, The National Gallery,. "Mark Getty | Press Release: June 2008 | The National Gallery, London". www.nationalgallery.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- Sunday Times Rich List
- "Sabine Ghanem and Joseph Getty's Wedding in Rome". Vogue. 2016-02-24. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- "Mark Getty awarded honorary knighthood". National Gallery. London. January 2016. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- "Mark Getty" (Irish Independent). 3 April 2017. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- "Wormsley Estate Home - wormsleyestate". wormsleyestate. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- Nikkhah, Roya (2011-05-29). "Garsington Opera: Behind the Getty gates". ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Mark Getty|