Mark Harman (computer scientist)
|Alma mater||Imperial College London|
|Known for||Search Based Software Engineering, software testing|
|Institutions||Polytechnic of North London, University of North London, Goldsmiths College (University of London), Brunel University, University College London, Facebook|
Prof. Mark Harman is a British computer scientist. Since 2010, he has been a Professor at University College London. He is also Director of the Centre for Research on Evolution Search and Testing (CREST), a research laboratory at UCL.
Harman studied software engineering at Imperial College, London between 1984–88. He has previously worked at the Polytechnic of North London (1988–91), University of North London (1991–97), where he was latterly Head of Computing, Goldsmiths College, University of London (1998–2000), Brunel University (2000–04), and King's College London, UK (2004–10) where he led the Software Engineering Group.
In February 2017, Harman joined Facebook London as a full-time Engineering Manager. He remains as a part-time professor of Software Engineering in CREST, SSE and the CS department at University College London.
Mark Harman has published many academic papers, especially in the area of software testing. He has contributed particularly in the areas of program slicing and program transformation. He is on the editorial boards of a number of academic journals including IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering and Software Testing, Verification & Reliability. He coined the term search-based software engineering (SBSE) with B. F. Jones in 2001.
- Harman, M. and Jones, R., First Course in C++: A Gentle Introduction. McGraw-Hill, 1996. ISBN 0-07-709194-9.
- Hierons, R., Bowen, J.P., and Harman, M., editors, Formal Methods and Testing. Springer-Verlag, LNCS, Volume 4949, 2008. ISBN 978-3-540-78916-1.
- Mark Harman home page, University College London, UK
- Centre for Research on Evolution Search and Testing, University College London, UK.
- Mark Harman, LinkedIn.
- Mark Harman home page Archived 2007-12-11 at the Wayback Machine., Brunel University, UK.
- Mark Harman at DBLP Bibliography Server
- Mark Harman's publications Archived 2010-05-12 at the Wayback Machine., King's College London, UK.
- M. Harman and B. F. Jones, Search-based software engineering, Information & Software Technology, Vol. 43, No. 14, pp. 833–839 (2001).
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|