Mark Heaney. Rhythm magazine interview photo shoot 2010
|Birth name||Mark Andrew Heaney|
|Born||1970 (age 46–47)
Crouch End, London, England
|Genres||Rock, pop, jazz, funk|
|Associated acts||The Seahorses, The Shining, Gang of Four|
Heaney's interest in drumming began at the age of 5 when his father bought him his first drum kit and at the age of 10 he started working all over the UK as the feature drummer in his father's band.
Heaney has recorded/toured the world extensively including tours of China, Japan, North America, Canada, South America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand with artists and Producers such as Mark Howard (producer) (Bob Dylan, U2, Neil Young), John Squire (The Stone Roses and The Seahorses), Simon Tong, Simon Jones and Nick McCabe (The Verve), The Freelance Hellraiser; The Klaxons, Badly Drawn Boy; Shit Disco; Howie Day, Gail Ann Dorsey (David Bowie and Gwen Stefani), Threshold, Youth, Garret Lee, David Botrill, Andy Gill and many others.
Heaney also composes music for use in Film and TV worldwide, having created soundscapes utilising samples and sounds from all genres of music coupled with his own heavy drumming. He has created bespoke works for many Music Production houses including De Wolfe, EMI, Sony and Wrong Planet.
- "Skunk An' Jonesy | News". Nme.Com. 20 October 1999. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- Robb, J. (2010). The Stone Roses And The Resurrection Of British Pop. Ebury Publishing. p. 367. ISBN 9781409034186. Retrieved 2014-12-26.
- Mark Heaney. "Mark Heaney". Aquarian Drumheads. Archived from the original on 2010-04-23. Retrieved 2014-12-26.
- "Drummerszone artists – Mark Heaney". Drummerszone.com. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Artists-> Mark Heaney (Bio)". Paiste. 8 February 2007. Retrieved 2013-09-15.