|Born||1976 (age 44–45)|
Mark Jenkin (born 1976) is a Cornish director, editor, screenwriter, cinematographer and producer. He wrote and directed the film Bait (2019), which earned him a BAFTA Award for Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer.
Jenkin won the Frank Copplestone First Time Director Award at The Celtic Film & Television Festival in 2002 for his debut film Golden Burn. He followed this success with documentaries, shorts and low-budget feature films including The Man Who Needed a Traffic Light, The Rabbit and The Lobsterman, a documentary on the life of Cornish playwright Nick Darke. His 2007 feature film The Midnight Drives was described by Derek Malcolm, film critic for The Evening Standard as "A moving film about parentage with an exceptional performance from Colin Holt at its centre".
In 2020 Jenkin was recognised as a Cornish Bard for his work in promoting Cornwall’s heritage.
- 1999 Walking with Dinosaurs – Production Assistant
- 2002 Golden Burn – Director/Writer Editor
- 2003 The Man Who Needed a Traffic Light – Director/Writer/Editor
- 2004 The Wrecking Season – Editor
- 2004 The Rabbit – Director/Writer/Editor
- 2004 New Reed – Cinematographer/Editor
- 2007 The Lark – Editor
- 2007 The Midnight Drives – Director/Writer/Editor
- 2009 Aurora's Kiss (short) – Director/Editor/Writer
- 2015 Bronco's House (short) - Director/Editor/Writer
- 2015 Dear Marianne (short) - Director/Editor/Writer
- 2016 Enough to Fill Up an Egg Cup - Director/Editor/Director of Photography
- 2016 The Essential Cornishman (short) - Director/Editor/Writer
- 2016 The Road to Zennor (short) - Director/Editor/Writer
- 2017 Tomato (short) - Director/Editor
- 2018 David Bowie Is Dead (short) - Director/Editor/Writer
- 2019 Bait (film) - Director/Editor/Writer
- Ferguson, Emma (3 February 2020). "BAFTA for Cornish film Bait written by Mark Jenkin". Falmouth Packet. Retrieved 27 February 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 July 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Nighttime screening of The Midnight Drives". West Briton. Archived from the original on 5 May 2013.