This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He is best known for helping launch the career of one-time girlfriend Madonna by presenting a demo to Seymour Stein of Sire Records. He also produced her first single "Everybody" in 1982. Kamins had bugged Stein about becoming a producer, but Stein said he had to find his own artists first; when he heard the demo of "Everybody", Stein had Madonna brought to the hospital where he was admitted to sign her. Another hit he signed around the same time was “Jam Hot" (1983), by then DJ Johnny Dynell.
- "Mark Kamins". Legends of Vinyl.
- "Madonna producer Mark Kamins Dies". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Lewis, Steve (Interviewer (December 15, 2008). "Good Night Mr. Lewis: Mark Kamins, International DJ". Blackbook Magazine.
- Colin Devenish (August 5, 2005). "Sire Boxes Madonna, Heads: Seymour Stein chronicles label's storied history". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2007-02-18.
- Manning, Sean Manning (February 21, 2013). "DJ Johnny Dynell And The Glories Of New York’s 80s Club Scene". The Awl.
|This United States musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|