Mark Klein (singer)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||The Little King|
|Born||December 22, 1993|
|Origin||Central City, Louisiana, United States|
|Genres||R&B, soul, swamp pop, rock and roll, blues|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, actor, Travel Show Host|
|Instruments||Guitar, Bass guitar, keyboards, drums, mandolin, Trumpet|
The Boogie Kings(2005—present)
The Klein Kids(2004—present)
Mark Klein and the Last Sensations(2010-present)
Mark Hunter Klein (born December 22, 1993 in Central City, Louisiana, United States) is an American blue eyed soul and blues singer-songwriter, actor and member of The Boogie Kings, an American swamp pop band.
Klein began singing at the age of two. However, he is most notable for becoming the youngest member of the legendary 1950s supergroup, The Boogie Kings at the age of 10 Ned Theall, a Cajun trumpeter and member of The Boogie Kings became his mentor after Klein e-mailed him and became a member of the band. Klein is a multi-instrumentalist; playing guitar, mandolin, keyboards, drums, and Bass guitar.
Klein recorded "Sick and Tired " on The Boogie Kings' 2007 album, Never Go Away. Klein, Louisiana Hall of Famer Allen Wayne and Gregg Martinez were dubbed "The New Breed" by the current members of The Boogie Kings after becoming members in 2005.
Before he joined The Boogie Kings Klein recorded his first album, It's Just Me when he was 10 in 2004 and his second album, Blue Eyed Soul Patrol in 2006. When he was 6, he became a member of Louisiana Kids, an organization based in Louisiana for child singers and performers. At the age of seven, he became a member of Thunder-n-Lightnin, a duo consisting of Klein and Kayla Woodson, his singing partner. However, the group disbanded two years later.
Throughout his career, he has performed at bowl games, oprys, beauty pageants, larger festivals, nursing homes among other venues. He also works at Alexandria, LA NBC affiliate KALB as a promotions manager, host of local program "Down Home Louisiana," and has composed news themes for said station.
Klein cites his influences such as Elvis Presley, Wilson Pickett, and Ray Charles, among others. Klein is currently recording a third album, with songs Klein has mostly written himself. Released, will be the singles "The Kid Is Hot Tonight!" and "I've Done Everything For You".
|2004||It's Just Me|
|2006||Blue Eyed Soul Patrol|
|2007||Unreleased Christmas album (with Ashleigh Klein)|
- "I Want to Thank You"
- "New Orleans Medley"
- "I Think I'm in Love"
- "I Wanna Rock You"
Singles with The Boogie Kings
- "Sick and Tired" on the album Never Go Away
- "The Kid Is Hot Tonight!", 2008
- "I've Done Everything for You", 2008
- Louisiana Kids Entertainer of the Year (2004)
- American Kids Entertainer of the Year (2004)
- "Ca C'est Bon! Mark Klein Inducted into Swamp Pop Hall of Fame". Central Speaks (Central, LA). May 4, 2012.
- Lopez, Robert (2006). "Pre-teen to belt out rhythm and blues at Gulf Coast Jam". Beaumont Enterprise. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007. Check date values in:
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110910030026/http://www.batonrougeblues.org/bios_C.htm. Archived from the original on September 10, 2011. Retrieved March 20, 2007. Missing or empty
- Doiron, Darragh (2006). "Klein to help Boogie Kings say farewell Saturday". The News. Retrieved 2007. Check date values in:
- Mark and Kayla Thunder-n-Lightnin of Baton Rouge Louisiana -U.S. Talent Page on KidKountry.com Archived 2007-04-14 at the Wayback Machine.