Mark Krikorian has been the executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, an anti-immigration think-tank in Washington, D. C., since 1995. Krikorian is a regular contributor to the conservative publication National Review, and is a regular participant at National Review Online's "The Corner."
Krikorian frequently testifies before U.S. Congress, and has been quoted in and writes articles in The Washington Post, The New York Times, Commentary, National Review, and elsewhere. He has appeared on 60 Minutes, Nightline, the NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, CNN, National Public Radio and many other television and radio programs. In January 2013, ABC News listed Krikorian as one of the top 20 immigration experts to follow on Twitter in the United States.
Childhood, education, and early career
Krikorian was born in the United States to American-born parents of Armenian descent from the (former) Soviet Republic. His father worked as a chef and restaurant manager, moving his family from New Haven, to Boston, Cleveland, Chicago, and then Boston again, always living in densely Armenian neighborhoods. His parents spoke to their children in Armenian but to each other in English. Krikorian knew only Armenian when he entered kindergarten.
He earned his B.A. at Georgetown University and a master's at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, further spending two years studying at the Yerevan State University in then-Soviet Armenia.
Before joining CIS in February 1995, Krikorian was an editor at the Winchester Star, and worked as editor of an electronic media publication on marketing. He wrote for the monthly newsletter of the Federation for American Immigration Reform.
- The New Case Against Immigration, Both Legal and Illegal, Sentinel HC, 2008. ISBN 1-59523-035-1
- How Obama is Transforming America Through Immigration, Encounter Broadsides, 2010. ISBN 1-59403-488-5
- Open Immigration: Yea and Nay, By Mark Krikorian and Alex Nowrasteh, Encounter Books, 2014. ISBN 1-59403-821-X
- "Mark Krikorian". Nationalreview.com. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "Search - The Washington Post". Washington Post. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "Can Dual Citizens Be Good Americans?". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "Pods Author « Mark Krikorian « Commentary Magazine". 11 March 2015. Archived from the original on 11 March 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2018.
- "60 Minutes: Lost In America". Cbsnews.com. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "Mark Krikorian - Tag". PBS NewsHour. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- Moni Basu. "Waits for legal immigration long". CNN. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "Why Jose Antonio Vargas Should Leave The U.S." NPR.org. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "Top 20 Immigration Experts on Twitter". ABC News. 7 January 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- Strauss, Daniel (19 January 2016). "Chris Christie signals support for Ted Cruz's immigration strategy". Politico. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- Roig-Franzia, Manuel (17 June 2013). "Mark Krikorian: The provocateur standing in the way of immigration reform". Washington Post. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Mark Krikorian - Center for Immigration Studies". CIS.org. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- The Center for Immigration Studies
- Mark Krikorian's Biography
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Washington Post Biography
- Western Knight Center for Specialized Journalism
- Krikorian debates on illegal immigration at Boston University College of Communication's 24th annual Great Debate on BUniverse.
- Video discussion with Krikorian about immigration on Bloggingheads.tv