|Born||February 20, 1961|
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley|
|Occupation||Co-Founder and partner of Drive Capital|
|WeatherTech SportsCar Championship career|
|Current team||Mathiasen Motorsports|
|Former teams||Muehlner Motorsports, RG Racing, Starworks Motorsport, BAR1 Motorsports, Turner Motorsport|
|Best finish||8th in 2017|
|Finished last season||14th (2019)|
|Asian Le Mans Series career|
|Current team||Rick Ware Racing|
|Engine||Acura AR35TT 3.5 L Turbo V6|
|2017–2018||Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA|
|Last updated on: November 26, 2019.|
Kvamme founded Drive Capital with Chris Olsen in 2013. He currently sits on the board of FarmLogs, Roadtrippers, Clinc, Funny or Die, Muve Health, and Udacity. He specializes in innovative technology, healthcare and consumer investments in the Midwest. Before Drive Capital, Kvamme was the interim chief investment officer and president of JobsOhio. Prior to JobsOhio, Kvamme was a partner at Sequoia Capital, the chairman and CEO of CKS Group, the director of international marketing at Wyse Technology, president and CEO of International Solutions and a founding member of Apple France.
Kvamme formerly worked as state development director in the administration of Ohio Governor John Kasich. In 2015, Kvamme donated $500,000 to Kasich's 2016 presidential campaign through the limited liability corporation MMWP12.
Kvamme grew up in motorcycle racing, but did not pursue a career in it. After competing in off-road truck racing, he moved to sports cars, racing in the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship starting in 2014. In 2017, he began competing in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA, and finished second in the Platinum Cup Masters championship with two wins (Barber Motorsports Park and Virginia International Raceway).
In late 2019, Kvamme joined Rick Ware Racing's Asian Le Mans Series program, where he shared the No. 52 Ligier JS P2 with Cody Ware. In their first race at Shanghai International Circuit, despite missing qualifying and only having two laps of practice, Ware and Kvamme finished second in the LMPS Am class and 14th overall.
Kvamme is the son of E. Floyd Kvamme, a former entrepreneur and a venture capitalist at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Apple France was created in 1982; as a "Founding Member", Kvamme was living in France at that time and working for Jean Louis Gassee.
Kvamme has a BA from the University of California, Berkeley.
Motorsports career results
Complete WeatherTech SportsCar Championship results
(key)(Races in bold indicate pole position, Results are overall/class)
|2015||RG Racing||P||Riley Mk XXVI DP||Dinan (BMW) 5.0 L V8||DAY
Asian Le Mans Series results
(key) (Races in bold indicate pole position) (Races in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2019–20||52||Ligier JS P2||Rick Ware Racing||SHA
- "Mark Kvamme". Racing Reference. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- "Top Venture Capitalists Leave Silicon Valley, Bet Their Careers On Midwest". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- "Mark D. Kvamme". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- "Drive Capital".
- Ghose, Carrie. "Drive Capital launches second, $300M fund for Midwest startups". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- Niquette, Mark (July 30, 2015). "Kasich's Bid Powered by Fans From Ohio and Lehman". Bloomberg Politics.
- Mider, Zachary (August 21, 2015). "Another Way to Mask Super Rich Donors". Bloomberg.
- "Kvamme "Marrying" Passion for Motorsports, Business". Sportscar365. March 29, 2018. Retrieved November 26, 2019.
- "Asian Le Mans Series – Rick Ware Racing Gets to Know the Ligier JSP2 at Le Mans Aerodrome". LeMans.org. September 13, 2019. Retrieved November 26, 2019.
- "4H Shanghai: Saturday Paddock Notes". DailySportsCar.com. November 23, 2019. Retrieved November 26, 2019.
- Christie, Toby (November 24, 2019). "Rick Ware Racing Finishes Second in Class in Asian Le Mans Series Race". TobyChristie.com. Retrieved November 26, 2019.
- Mark Kvamme driver statistics at Racing-Reference
- From Mass Media to Media for the Masses- Mark Kvamme at OMMA Global 2010
- GigaOm- Sequoia’s Kvamme: Social Media Marketing Can Replace Advertising
- OMMA Global on Mobile
- Mark Kvamme career summary at DriverDB.com
- Appearances on C-SPAN