Mark Lewis (filmmaker)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mark Lewis is a documentary film and television producer, director and writer. He is famous for his film Cane Toads: An Unnatural History and for his body of work on animals. Unlike many other producers of nature films, his films do not attempt to document the animals in question or their behaviors but rather the complex relationships between people and society and the animals they interact with.
His films have earned him many awards, including a British Academy Award nomination, a nomination from the Directors Guild of America, two Emmy’s for Outstanding Direction in documentary film, and an Emmy for Outstanding Science Program on American Television.
- Cane Toads: An Unnatural History (1988)
- Round the Twist (1989)
- The Wonderful World of Dogs (1990)
- Rat (1998)
- Animalicious (1999)
- The Natural History of the Chicken (2000)
- The Standard of Perfection (2006)
- The Pursuit of Excellence (2007)
- Cane Toads: The Conquest (2010)
Lewis produces and directs extensively for television.
- Mark Lewis: Radio Pictures
- Interview with Mark Lewis on the BBC
- Mark Lewis at the Internet Movie Database
|This biographical article related to film in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|