Mark Lewis (filmmaker)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mark Lewis (born 1958, Mullumbimby, Australia) is a documentary film and television producer, director and writer. He is famous for his film Cane Toads: An Unnatural History and for his body of work on animals. Unlike many other producers of nature films, his films do not attempt to document the animals in question or their behaviors but rather the complex relationships between people and society and the animals they interact with.
His films have earned him many awards, including a British Academy Award nomination, a nomination from the Directors Guild of America, two Emmy’s for Outstanding Direction in documentary film, and an Emmy Award for Outstanding Science Program on American Television.
- Cane Toads: The Conquest (2010)
- The Pursuit of Excellence (2007)
- The Floating Brothel (2006)
- The Standard of Perfection: Show Cats and The Standard of Perfection - Show Cattle (2006)
- The Natural History of the Chicken (2000)
- Animalicious (1999)
- Rat (1998)
- The Wonderful World of Dogs (1990)
- Round the Twist (1989)
- Cane Toads: An Unnatural History  (1988)
Lewis produces and directs extensively for television.
- Poole, Mark. February 2008. Mark Lewis: Cane Toads. (Victoria, Australia).
- Cane Toads: The Conquest. 2010. IMDb
- The Pursuit of Excellence. 2007. IMDb
- The Floating Brothel. 2006. IMDb
- Show Cats. 2006. IMDb
- Show Cattle. 2006. IMDb
- The Natural History of the Chicken. 2000. IMDb
- Animalicious. 1999. IMDb
- Rat. 1998. IMDb
- The Wonderful World of Dogs. 1990. IMDb
- Round the Twist. 1989. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103529/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_10 IMDb]
- Cane Toads: An Unnatural History. 1988. IMDb
|This biographical article related to film in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|