Mark Little (Canadian comedian)
Mark Little at ROFLCon II in 2010
|Birth name||Mark Thomas Little|
|Born||October 21, 1983|
|Medium||Stand-up, television, theatre|
|Genres||Observational comedy, improvisational comedy|
|Notable works and roles||Picnicface, Simon Hunt on Mr. D, CTV's Space Riders: Division Earth,|
Mark Thomas Little (born October 21, 1983) is a Canadian actor and comedian. He is best known for his appearances on the CBC Television sitcom Mr. D, playing Simon Hunt, the Xavier Academy science teacher, and his work with Picnicface.
Little grew up in New Westminster, British Columbia and lived in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia, before moving to Toronto, Ontario, where he currently resides.
Little is the former Humour Editor of Simon Fraser University's The Peak (newspaper). He has performed at Yuk Yuk's, the Halifax Comedy Festival, and CBC Radio's "So You Think You're Funny" series. He is a member of the Halifax-based sketch comedy group Picnicface. The troupe has produced several successful viral videos, is featured on Funny or Die, and is a star in the film, Roller Town.
Little is also co-star of CTV's "Space Riders: Division Earth", a Power Rangers-themed web series that released its first season in 2014. The show won the 2015 Canadian Canadian Screen Award for best original webseries, and is set to release a second season in 2016.
Little's voice is featured in the YouTube video for an energy beverage called "Powerthirst" which holds over 26 million views and is part of an internet meme known as "Extreme Advertising". Little was subsequently hired to voice a drink ad inspired by the film Idiocracy called "Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator". Little currently stars as the title role in the VRV animated series Gary and his Demons. He is the voice of Dino in the Netflix series Cupcake & Dino: General Services. He is also the writer of most of the series' episodes.
Honors and awards
- "Picnicface". Picnicface. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "Picnicface on Funny or Die". Funnyordie.com. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "Roller Town Set to Premiere in over 100 million Homes On Demand & on iTunes in the US August 14th". August 13, 2012. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "Powerthirst". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- Walker, Rob (May 4, 2008). "This Joke's for You".
- "Gary and his Demons IMDB".
- Carter, Sue. "Best Comedian". Thecoast.ca. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-06-23. Retrieved 2009-05-07.
- Flinn, Sue Carter (May 4, 2009). "Updated with interview: Mark Little wins Great Canadian Laugh-off". Archived from the original on September 27, 2011.
-  Archived May 10, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- McLeod, Paul (2009-05-12). "Little scores big and wins laugh off | Metro". Metronews.ca. Archived from the original on 2011-06-29. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
|This article about a Canadian comedian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|