Mark Little (footballer)
|Full name||Mark Daniel Little|
|Date of birth||20 August 1988|
|Place of birth||Worcester, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|2008||→ Northampton Town (loan)||17||(0)|
|2008||→ Northampton Town (loan)||9||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Chesterfield (loan)||12||(0)|
|2010||→ Peterborough United (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:20, 1 May 2016 (UTC).
Born in Worcester and educated at Nunnery Wood High School, Little began his career as a youth player in Wolves' Academy and played a major role in the side who made it to the last four of the FA Youth Cup in 2005. He signed a three-year professional contract in August 2005 and had become a regular in the reserve side by the end of the 2005–06 season, and featured as an unused substitute for the first team throughout April 2006.
He made his first team debut in the League Cup at Chesterfield on 23 August 2006. This was followed by his league debut off the bench (on the opposite flank at left-back) at Leeds United on 10 September 2006.
Little went on to feature regularly throughout the season but didn't manage to continue this in the 2007–08 campaign. He was sent out on loan to League One side Northampton Town for a month in January 2008, later extended to three months. After beginning the following season with his parent club, but without breaking into the first team, he again returned to Sixfields on loan until the end of October. In late 2009, Little went out on loan again, this time for two months at League Two side Chesterfield.
In March 2010 Little joined Championship strugglers Peterborough United on loan for the remainder of the season. After he was not offered a new contract at Wolves, Little signed for Peterborough in a three-year deal on 25 May 2010.
On 5 June 2014, Little left Peterborough after turning down a new contract offer. On 25 June 2014 it was confirmed Little would join Bristol City on a three-year contract from 1 July 2014. Little was part of the Bristol City squad that won League One (securing promotion to the Championship) and the Johnstone's Paint Trophy (meaning Little had been part of the winning side of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy for two years running), scoring City's second goal and winning man of the match in the final of the latter. He has since been a regular starter in the Championship for Bristol City under Steve Cotterill and current boss Lee Johnson.
- 2010–11: League One Play-off Winner (promotion to The Championship) – Peterborough United
- Football League Trophy: Winner 2013–14, 2014–15
- "Chesterfield 0–0 Wolves". BBC Sport. 23 August 2006.
- "Leeds 0–1 Wolves". BBC Sport. 10 September 2006.
- "Northampton sign Wolves defender". BBC Sport. 10 January 2008.
- "Wolves defender stays at Cobblers". BBC Sport. 11 February 2008.
- "Little leaves Wolves for Cobblers". BBC Sport. 22 August 2008.
- "Chesterfield sign Wolves defender". BBC Sport. 5 October 2009.
- "Peterborough United loan Wolves defender Mark Little". BBC Sport. 2 March 2010.
- "Wolverhampton Wanderers release trio of squad players". BBC Sport. 14 May 2010.
- "Bristol City: Mark Little and Wade Elliott agree deals". BBC Sport. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 4 July 2014.