Lorenzen was born in Huntington Beach, California. He got primary education from Huntington Beach High School, and later attended Point Loma Nazarene University, finishing it in 1988 on art specialty. Here he studied along with Doug TenNapel.
Lorenzen first entered the video game industry by joining Blue Sky Software in the early 90s. While there, he served as design director on such games as Jurassic Park, Vectorman and Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention, working alongside TenNapel. After leaving Blue Sky in 1995 Lorenzen joined Shiny Entertainment, working on Earthworm Jim 2. The level "Lorenzen's Soil" was named in his honour. In 1996 Doug TenNapel formed The Neverhood, Inc. (further history could be read here), with Lorenzen and number of people from Shiny joining in. He worked on game with his brother Tim, who worked at 7th Level. Lorenzen and TenNapel created the history of the game, which spans 38 screens and could be read in Neverhood's "Hall of Records". Lorenzen later led art design on The Neverhood, Inc.-made Skullmonkeys and BoomBots.
In 1999 The Neverhood, Inc. went bust, and Lorenzen with its former workers formed the game company Monkeytropolis, based in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. The company was active for 3 years and then went bust. Its only project was an extreme sports title for Activision.
In April 2002 Lorenzen joined Electronic Arts.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II (2006), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth (2004), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Command & Conquer: Generals (2003), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Command & Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour (2003), Electronic Arts Ltda.
- Boombots (1999), SouthPeak Games, LLC
- Skullmonkeys (1998), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Earthworm Jim 1 & 2: The Whole Can 'O Worms (1996), Funsoft
- The Neverhood (1996), DreamWorks Interactive L.L.C., Microsoft Corporation
- Desert Demolition Starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote (1995), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Earthworm Jim 2 (1995), Playmates Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
- Gargoyles (1995), Buena Vista Interactive
- Vectorman (1995), SEGA of America, Inc.
- World Series Baseball '95 (1995), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition (1994), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Jurassic Park (1993), SEGA of America, Inc.
- The Ren & Stimpy Show: Stimpy's Invention (1993), SEGA of America, Inc.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lorenzen is married to his wife Angela, and has two children: son Christian and daughter Caroline. He is based at Sandy, Utah.
- "Monkeytropolis Team Profiles". Archived from the original on 2001-02-21. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- The Team of The Neverhood.
- "Cortera Business Directory".
- "Monkeytropolis". Replay.waybackmachine.org. 2001-02-21. Archived from the original on February 21, 2001. Retrieved 2013-01-16. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "GoNintendo: Armikrog update". gonintendo.com. 2014-01-08.