July 11, 1985 |
London, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||225 lb (102 kg; 16 st 1 lb)|
|NHL Draft||207th overall, 2004
Mark Mancari (born July 11, 1985) is a Canadian ice hockey right winger. He is under contract with the Krefeld Pinguine of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL) in Germany. Mancari was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the seventh round (207th overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
After playing four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League with the Ottawa 67's, Mancari made his professional debut with the Sabres' American Hockey League affiliate, the Rochester Americans, in the 2005–06 season. He played in 71 games and recorded 42 points. He made his National Hockey League debut with the Buffalo Sabres in the 2006–07 season, recording one assist in three games. He currently holds the AHL's hardest-shot record, with a speed of 102.8 mph in the 2008 AHL All-Star Classic Skills Competition.
Mancari was called up from Portland on November 21, 2008. The next day, he scored his first NHL goal against the New York Islanders. He was reassigned to the AHL on December 7, 2008 and named to the 2009 AHL Canadian All-Star team on January 6, 2009.
Mancari began the 2010–11 NHL season in Portland where he played 23 games for the Pirates before being recalled to the NHL to suit up for the Sabres on December 7, 2010. Mancari assisted on one goal in the away game against the Boston Bruins.
On July 5, 2013, Mancari again left the Sabres organization and signed a one-year, two-way deal with the St. Louis Blues.
On March 2, 2014, Mancari was traded to the Florida Panthers in return for Eric Selleck. He was assigned to AHL affiliate, the San Antonio Rampage where he would later secure an AHL contract for the following 2014–15 season.
|2013–14||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||11||0||2||2||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||74||13||33||46||41||3||0||1||1||2|
Awards and honours
|First All-Star Team||2011|||
- "Player Profile: Mark Mancari". portlandpirates.com. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- "Ruff Sends Tallinder, Afinogenov to bench". buffalonews.com. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- "AHL announces Canadian All-Star team roster". sportsnetwork.com.
- "Recchi's delayed OT goal lifts Bruins past Sabres". National Hockey League. December 7, 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- "Londoner, Mark Mancari signs with Canucks". Newstalk 1290 CJBK London. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "Sabres Announce Three Signings". WGR 550. InterTech Media, LLC. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "Blues sign forward Mark Mancari". St. Louis Blues. 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Florida Panthers Acquire RW Mark Mancari from St Louis". Florida Panthers. 2014-03-02. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Panthers undertake Mancari" (in German). Augsburger Panther. 2015-07-15. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- "Mark Mancari erster Neuzugang". Krefeld Pinguine. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- "2010–11 First and Second All-Stars named". American Hockey League. April 7, 2011. Archived from the original on September 21, 2012. Retrieved 2011-04-07.