|Born||Miami, Florida, United States|
|Genres||pop, pop rock|
|Associated acts||Touch, Michael Bolton, American Tears, Drive, She Said|
Mark Mangold is an American pop singer-songwriter and keyboardist best known as a member of the band Touch. As a songwriter, Mangold's songs have been performed by Michael Bolton, Cher and Jordin Sparks.
Mangold was born in Miami and grew up in Cedarhurst Long Island. Mangold performed in Long Island bands Valhalla and American Tears before eventually forming Touch in 1978 along with fellow American Tears members, Glen Kithcart and Craig Brooks.
Touch charted with two Mangold-penned singles, “(Call Me) When The Spirit Moves You” in 1980 and “Don't You Know What Love Is” in 1981.
Mangold worked with Michael Bolton in the 1980s, co-writing and performing on Bolton's first hit "Fools Game" as well as several tracks from his 1985 glam metal album, Everybody's Crazy. He and Bolton would later co-write "I Found Someone," a top-ten hit for Cher, originally written for Laura Branigan. Mangold himself has recorded two versions of the song. First, as a demo and again on his solo album Lift (2001).
Recently, Mangold has worked in Stockholm with numerous song-writers, having released "My Confession" (co-written with Jon Bivona) and "Candelight" sung by Anniela on Hitworks Records. In Denmark, SukkerChok released his "1,000 Miles Away" which became a local hit. In 2003, Jordin Sparks recorded his song "I Will Be There", co-written with Pebe Sebert, on the For Now EP.
- "Mark Mangold Biography". (September 13, 2004). All Music Guide, Article Mark Mangold. Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- "VH-1 Biography - Mark Mangold". VH-1, Article Mark Mangold. Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- Billboard 24 September 2011 p. 11.
- "Lift - Mark Mangold Album". All Music Guide, Article Lift - Mark Mangold. Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- Billboard 26 December 1987 p. 62.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110914061855/http://www.anniela.se/en/biography/. Archived from the original on September 14, 2011. Retrieved November 15, 2011. Missing or empty
- "Sukkerchok – De 1000 Drømmes Nat". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- "All Indie Magazine: An Exclusive Interview with The Radiant by Great Unknowns Music Expose". Allindiemagazine.net. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- "Comic Con: NYC 2011 Cos-play Video Anthem". YouTube.com. 18 October 2011. Retrieved 2015-06-02.