21 May 1989 |
Lae, Papua New Guinea
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||106 kg (16 st 10 lb)|
As of 30 September 2017
Born in Lae, Papua New Guinea, Mexico played his junior football for Lae school Boys(Bungandi secondary school), local team Kamkumung Crushers before joining Intercity team the Lae Bombers, Enga Mioks, Master Mark City Rangers, Snax Tigers and Rabaul Gurias in the Papua New Guinea National Rugby League.
In 2013, Mexico had a short stint with Redcliffe Dolphins in the Instrust Supper Cup. Afterwards, in 2014 Mexico joined the Papua New Guinea Hunters for their inaugural season in the Queensland Cup.
New South Wales Cup
After playing a total of 17 games, scoring twice, the Papau New Guinean went on to sign a two-year contract with Sheffield Eagles in the league above. Mexico is very popular with the Eagles fans and is currently in the second year of the two, with more than 50 games played and 7 tries under his belt. In the 2017 Championship Shield, Mexico was ruled out of an away game in France at Toulouse XIII because of a 'passport irregularity'. In November 2017 it was announced that Mexico would not be signing a renewed contract with the Eagles for the 2018 season.
In 2005, Mexico played for the PNGRFL Junior Kumuls, School Boys Rugby League World Cup in Moscow at under-16 level. Two years later, Mexico played for the PNGRFL Resident Kumuls against Cairns Northern Pride and then Test Match against Toa Samoa. The next year, Mexico was selected to train train in the squad for the PNGRFL Kumuls, in preparation for the Rugby League World Cup in Australia.
In 2010, Mexico was selected to train with the PNGRFL Kumuls squad for the Four Nations, again in Australia. Having played a year for the Emerging Kumuls, in 2012 Mexico played for the PNGRFL Kumuls against Fiji. He also played for the PNGRFL Prime Ministers XIII against the Australia Prime Minister's XIII. He played in this game in 2014 as well. In 2013, Mexico played for the PNGRFL Residents Kumuls against the South Sydney Rabbitohs. He also played for the PNGRFL Prime Minister's XIII against the Australia Prime Minister's XIII.
In October 2013, Mexico was selected in the Papua New Guinean squad for the 2013 Rugby League World Cup, this time in England. Mexico was noted for his hard and aggressive style of play in his three games during this World Cup, but made no contribution to the scoring in any of the games.
- "Mark Mexico - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- Serah moliki (2013-12-23). "MARK MEXICO - Papua New Guinea Kumuls". Kumuls.pngfacts.com. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- Name (as it will appear on the site) * (2013-10-23). "Every player for every team who will be playing in the 2013 Rugby League World Cup". News.com.au. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- "Manly Sea Eagles sign PNG Hunters prop Mark Mexico discovered by Andrew Johns". Couriermail.com.au. 2014-04-05. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- "Cronulla Sharks sign PNG Hunters forward Mark Mexico | Papua New Guinea Today". News.pngfacts.com. 2014-04-06. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- Sunday 27 March - 8:33 pm NZT (2014-04-07). "Sport: PNG Hunters prop signs for Cronulla Sharks | Radio New Zealand News". Radionz.co.nz. Retrieved 2016-03-27.