Mark Nelson (artist)
|Born||1953 (age 64–65)|
|Area(s)||Penciller, Artist, Inker|
From the late 1990s to the mid-2000s, Nelson worked for Raven Software doing conceptual work, painting digital skins, and creating textures for computer games. During this period, he was an animation instructor at Madison Area Technical College.
Nelson was art director/head concept artist at Pi Studios in Houston from 2008 to 2011.
He now runs his own studio (along with his wife, Anita), Grazing Dinosaur Press.
Nelson has produced interior illustrations for many Dungeons & Dragons books and Dragon magazine since 1985.[specify] He has also produced artwork for other games including Villains and Vigilantes (Fantasy Games Unlimited), Earthdawn and Shadowrun (FASA), and Orpheus (White Wolf), and illustrated cards for the Magic: The Gathering collectible card game.
Nelson has worked extensively in the comics industry since the mid-1980s, for publishers such as NOW Comics, First Comics, Eclipse Comics, Dark Horse Comics, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, and Kitchen Sink Press. His comic book work includes the series Aliens. He contributed to the magazine Hero Illustrated.
Nelson has made numerous contributions to Eureka Productions' Graphic Classics series, including H.P. Lovecraft, Jack London, Ambrose Bierce, Bram Stoker, Horror Classics, O. Henry, Adventure Classics, Fantasy Classics, and Native American Classics. He has also illustrated stories in Eureka's Rosebud #18 and The Best of Rosebud.
- Nelson entry, Who's Who of American Comic Books, 1928–1999. Accessed Mar. 3, 2013.
- "Artist's Statement," Grazing Dinosaur Press. Accessed Mar. 3, 2014.
- Sangiacomo, Michael (December 29, 1998). "Hot on the stands", Newhouse News Service.
- "Mark A. Nelson in GRAPHIC CLASSICS". Graphicclassics.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Portfolio". Baxaart.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- Broeske, Pat H. (October 30, 1988). "Eggstraordinary", Los Angeles Times, p. 20.
- Szadkowski, Joseph (October 12, 1996). "The Dark Horse decade: A long, cool reign of mature and diverse comics", The Washington Times, p. B4.
- Szadkowski, Joseph (April 8, 1995). "Hero chats with cartoon creators", The Washington Times, p. B4.
- Nelson, Mark. "Blood Dance". Joe R. Lansdale. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- Official website
- Mark Nelson at the Comic Book DB
- "Mark Nelson :: Pen & Paper RPG Database". Archived from the original on February 15, 2005.
|This profile of an American comics artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|