||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
March 7, 1950 |
Mark Pinter (born March 7, 1950) is an American actor probably best known for his numerous roles in daytime soap operas.
Often cast as a villain, Pinter has been a contract player on such shows as Love of Life, Guiding Light, As the World Turns, Loving, and All My Children. His most famous role was that of crooked politician Grant Harrison on Another World (1991–99), for which he won the Soap Opera Digest Award for Best Villain in 1996.
In addition to his work in daytime television, Pinter has guest-starred on numerous primetime television series and performed extensively on regional theatre stages across the country. He has also appeared in such films as Norman Jewison's Other People's Money and Cameron Crowe's Vanilla Sky. He has starred in the independent films Season of Youth and The Eden Myth.
- The Young and the Restless as Marcus Wheeler (2013)
- General Hospital as Special Agent Thomas Rayner (2008–10)
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent as James Townsend (2004)
- All My Children as Roger Smythe (2001–03)
- Another World as Grant Harrison (1991–99)
- Loving as Dan Hollister (1987–89)
- As the World Turns as Brian McColl (1984–86) [3 episodes]; 1990–?)
- Guiding Light as Mark Evans (1981–83)/Brad Green (2003–04)
- Behind the Screen as Karl Madison (1981)
- Charlie's Angels as Ted Markham (1981)
- Love of Life as Dr. Tom Crawford (1979–80)