||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
March 7, 1950 |
Mark Pinter (born March 7, 1950) is an American actor probably best known for his numerous roles in daytime soap operas.
Often cast as a villain, Pinter has been a contract player on such shows as Love of Life, Guiding Light, As the World Turns, Loving, and All My Children. His most famous role was that of crooked politician Grant Harrison on Another World (1991–99), for which he won the Soap Opera Digest Award for Best Villain in 1996.
In addition to his work in daytime television, Pinter has guest-starred on numerous primetime television series and performed extensively on regional theatre stages across the country. He has also appeared in such films as Norman Jewison's Other People's Money and Cameron Crowe's Vanilla Sky. He has starred in the independent films Season of Youth and The Eden Myth.
In 1987, Pinter married actress Colleen Zenk, whom he met on the set of As the World Turns, where she played Barbara Ryan. They resided in Connecticut and are parents to six children: Morgan and Georgia (their children together), Kelsey (Colleen's daughter from her first marriage to Michael Crouch), twins Dylan and Hannah, and Siri (from Pinter's first marriage to Gretchen DeBoer). On March 15, 2009, Siri Pinter gave birth to their first grandchild, a son, Jackson James Daly.  In May 2010, Colleen Zenk announced divorce proceedings in the dissolution of her marriage to Mark Pinter citing infidelity and abandonment. The divorce was finalized in August 2010.
- The Young and the Restless as Marcus Wheeler (2013)
- General Hospital as Special Agent Thomas Rayner (2008–10)
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent as James Townsend (2004)
- All My Children as Roger Smythe (2001–03)
- Another World as Grant Harrison (1991–99)
- Loving as Dan Hollister (1987–89)
- As the World Turns as Brian McColl (1984–86) [3 episodes]; 1990–?)
- Guiding Light as Mark Evans (1981–83)/Brad Green (2003–04)
- Behind the Screen as Karl Madison (1981)
- Charlie's Angels as Ted Markham (1981)
- Love of Life as Dr. Tom Crawford (1979–80)
- "Mark Pinter" Retrieved 2 June 2015
- "It's a Boy for Carson Daly & Girlfriend!", People Magazine, March 16, 2009, accessed January 29, 2011.