|Sir Mark Poffley|
Poffley with a Ukrainian officer during Exercise Combined Endeavor in 2014
|Years of service||1985–|
13 Air Assault Support Regiment|
102nd Logistic Brigade
Insurgency in the Republic of Macedonia
War in Afghanistan
Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath|
Officer of the Order of the British Empire
Lieutenant-General Sir Mark William Poffley, KCB, OBE (born 1960) is a senior British Army officer. Since 2014, he has been Commander Force Development and Capability. He was also the Deputy Chief of the General Staff. In January 2016, he was appointed as Deputy Chief of Defence Staff (Military Capability) at the Ministry of Defence.
Poffley was commissioned into the Royal Army Ordnance Corps in 1985. After seeing action in the Gulf War and then in the Bosnian War, he served as Deputy Chief of Staff for 24 Airmobile Brigade and then as Staff Officer responsible for Plans and Doctrine in the Attack Helicopter Team. He became commanding officer of 13 Air Assault Support Regiment in 2001, and was deployed to Macedonia in August of that year and Afghanistan in 2002.
Poffley went on to be Colonel Army Plans in 2003 and commander 102nd Logistic Brigade in 2005, seeing active service in Iraq in that capacity. He went on to be Principal Staff Officer to the Chief of the Defence Staff in December 2006, Chief of Staff Land Forces in March 2009 and Assistant Chief of the Defence Staff (Resources and Plans) in November 2011: he was given the additional title of Master General of Logistics in June 2012. He went on to be Commander Force Development and Capability in February 2014 as well as the Deputy Chief of the General Staff in Spring 2015. After that he was appointed Deputy Chief of Defence Staff (Military Capability) at the Ministry of Defence in January 2016.
- "Major General Mark Poffley OBE". Sandhurst Foundation. 21 September 2010. Archived from the original on 23 April 2015. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "More troops leave for Macedonia". BBC. 18 August 2001. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "MoD Operational honours and awards". Ministry of Defence. 18 April 2002. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "13 Air Assault Support Regiment". Paradata. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Senior Ministry of Defence and Tri-service Appointments Archived 17 November 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Ups and outs July 2013". Defence Viewpoints. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Strategic Land Power" (PDF). RUSI. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 October 2015. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "J.P. Morgan Signs Armed Forces Corporate Covenant". Investor.shareholder.com. 2015-06-25. Retrieved 2015-08-17.
- "DSEI 2015 - East Theatre (Land, Ministerial Keynote, Rising Stars)". Dsei.co.uk. Archived from the original on 29 August 2015. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "QG Signals bid farewell to its Colonel of the Regt, Maj Gen N A W Pope CBE". Gurkha Brigade Association. 10 December 2015. Retrieved 12 December 2015.
- "Lieutenant General M W Poffley OBE" (PDF). Retrieved 29 February 2016.
| Commander Force Development and Capability
|New title|| Deputy Chief of the General Staff
Spring 2015–December 2015
| Deputy Chief of the Defence Staff (Capability)