||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mark Pougatch (born 27 January 1968, in London) is a freelance radio and television broadcaster, a journalist and author who works mainly as a sports presenter for BBC Radio 5 Live. Pougatch is also current the chief presenter for ITV Sport, replacing Adrian Chiles.
Born in Mambia, Guinea in 1968, Pougatch attended Malvern College where he was captain of the First XI cricket team and graduated with a degree in politics at the University of Durham where he was a member of Hatfield College. He then undertook a post-graduate diploma in Broadcast Journalism at the London College of Printing.
In 1998, he joined BBC Radio 5 Live, selected to be the main presenter of 5 Live Sport on Sundays. In August 2000, he switched to the Saturday edition of the show. Pougatch has presented coverage of the IPL cricket and the African Cup of Nations for ITV.
Pougatch continues to present editions of 5 Live Sport. He also presents Football Today on Premier League TV on Monday and Thursday throughout the Football season. On 23 January 2015, it was announced that he would replace Adrian Chiles as the main presenter of ITV's football coverage, with immediate effect.
Pougatch joined the team of Football Superstars, a game which was due to be released in 2009 as an innovative MMORPG game integrating gameplay with footballer's lifestyles. He is the author of Three Lions Versus the World: England's World Cup Stories from the Men Who Were There. He is also a speaker, after dinner and at daytime events.
Pougatch is married to Lady Victoria Scott, the younger daughter of the 5th Earl of Eldon,. They live in Oxfordshire with their three children. His grandfather and great-grandfather were among the diaspora who escaped Ukraine amid the violence that followed the first Russian Revolution.
- "Malvern College".
- Malvern pair aim to make most of French connection. Schools cricket By Cathy Harris. The Times. 11 July 2003.
- Press Office: Mark Chapman joins 5 Live Sport as regular Monday night host. BBC official website. 15 January 2010.
- Adrian Chiles replaced as ITV Sport football presenter by Mark Pougatch. Guardian. 23 January 2015
- "BBC's Pougatch broadcasts his Awards delight". Sports Journalists' Association.
- "BT Sport unveil Mark Pougatch, Harry Kewell and Jermaine Jenas to take on Jeff Stelling and Co with new Saturday football results show". Daily Mail. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- Three Lions Versus the World: England's World Cup Stories from the Men Who Were There. Mark Pougatch. Mainstream Publishing. 21 May 2010. www.amazon.co.uk.
- Biography : Mark Pougatch. The Edge Entertainment Agency.
- The Descendents of William the Conqueror: Tudor 26. www.william1.co.uk.
- "BBC Radio 5 Live presenter Mark Pougatch is a sucker for a grumpy TV character and has been known to read Red." By John Dugdale. The Guardian. Monday 30 November 2009.
- Travel: A chance letter from a distant relative led BBC presenter Mark Pougatch to Ukraine, home of his ancestors." Mark Pougatch. The Mail on Sunday. 22 April 2007. London, England.