|Born||New York, NY|
|Occupation||Novelist, Book Reviewer, Blogger|
Mark Sarvas (born September 26, 1964) is an American novelist, book reviewer, and blogger living in Los Angeles. He is the host of the literary blog The Elegant Variation and author of the novel Harry, Revised (Bloomsbury, Spring 2008). Harry, Revised was a finalist for the Fiction Prize of the Southern California Independent Booksellers Association, and was also a 2008 Denver Post Good Reads selection. It has been translated into more than a dozen languages, including French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Hebrew and Korean. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle, PEN/America and a contributing editor of the Los Angeles Review of Books.
His second novel, Memento Park, was acquired for publication by Farrar, Straus & Giroux in May 2014.
- 2005: Guardian Top 10 Litblog
- 2005: Los Angeles Magazine Top LA Blog
- 2006: Forbes Best of the Web
- 2008: Southern California Independent Booksellers Association: First Fiction Prize finalist
- NY Times Book Review: Hunk City
- NY Times Book Review: I Love You, Beth Cooper
- Jewish Journal Profile
- Eight Diagrams interview
- NY Sun - The Battle of the Books
- NPR interview
|This article about a novelist of the United States born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|