||This article possibly contains original research. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mark Simone is an American radio personality heard on WOR in New York City, New York weekdays from 10 AM to 12 PM. His WOR show began on January 2, 2013, after 14 years at WABC. Simone also occasionally appears on CNN, MSNBC and PBS. He and New York Post columnist Linda Stasi co-host the weekly feature What a Week on NY1 a funny look at the news of the week.
- 1977–1979 — WPIX-FM "The Mark Simone Show"
- 1980–1982 — WMCA Simone hosted a daily comedy talk show from 8-10 p.m. weekdays and 2-4 p.m. on Saturdays.
- 1982–1992 — WNEW Simone hosted the afternoon show from 3-7 p.m., featuring a mix of celebrity interviews and standards music. From 1986–1988 he co-hosted a three-hour daily comedy show with Steve Allen on the NBC Radio Network, broadcast from the WNEW studios. When WNEW ceased operations after 58 years on December 11, 1992, Simone was its final host.
- 1990s — For a time, Simone co-hosted a two-hour nightly talk and interview show with Tom Snyder on the CBS Radio Network.
- 1999–2012 — WABC Simone hosted two WABC weekly shows: a Saturday morning talk show from 7-9 a.m. (downsized from the 6-10 a.m. slot it began with in the early 2000s), and also the "Saturday Night Show" from 6-9 p.m. (first hour, on line only) (downsized from the 6-10 p.m. slot it began with in 2005), which combined mainly oldies music, celebrity interviews and features. (The "Saturday Night Show" was created when WCBS-FM suddenly dropped its longstanding oldies format in 2005.) He also did frequent fill-ins for nationally syndicated shows originating out of WABC, such as the Don Imus show and the Sean Hannity show.
- 2013- — WOR Since January 2, 2013, Simone has hosted the midmorning weekday timeslot (10a.m.-noon) at Clear-Channel-owned WOR, a slot that he had previously occupied as a fill-in for months, in 2010, at Citadel-owned WABC (in between two of the succession of short-lived full-time occupants of that WABC slot). Since January 2013 an hour-long "Mark Simone: Rewind" show also plays at various times on Saturday and Sunday, featuring "best of" segments, introduced by Simone, from various WOR programs aired live during the prior week.