|Born||July 20, 1953|
|Alma mater||Williams College|
|Occupation||Triathlete, marathoner, author|
|Known for||Proponent of the paleo diet|
|Notable work||The Primal Blueprint|
Mark Sisson (born July 1953) is an American fitness author and blogger, and a former distance runner, triathlete and Ironman competitor. Sisson finished 4th in the February 1982 Ironman World Championship. He has written several books, including The Primal Blueprint, which incorporates aspects of the Paleolithic diet. The Primal Blueprint is his fifth book. Sisson also blogs at his website, Mark's Daily Apple.
Early life and career
In the 1970s, Sisson was a record-setting runner for the Portland (Maine) Track Club.
- The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy, Primal Nutrition, Inc. (2nd edition May 10, 2013) ISBN 0982207786
- The Primal Connection: Follow Your Genetic Blueprint to Health and Happiness, Primal Nutrition, Inc. (January 8, 2013) ISBN 0984755101
- The Primal Blueprint Cookbook: Primal, Low Carb, Paleo, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free and Gluten-Free (with Jennifer Meier), Primal Nutrition, Inc. (July 15, 2010) ISBN 0982207727
- Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals: Delicious, Primal-approved meals you can make in under 30 minutes (with Jennifer Meier), Primal Nutrition, Inc. (March 25, 2011) ISBN 0982207743
- The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation: A step-by-step, gene reprogramming action plan, Primal Nutrition, Inc. (October 18, 2011) ISBN 9780982207772
- Primal Blueprint Healthy Sauces, Dressings and Toppings (with Jennifer Meier), Primal Nutrition, Inc. (December 5, 2012) ISBN 0984755152
- Sisson, Mark (July 27, 2011). "2011 News & Updates: The Growing Movement, New Books and What I've Been Up To". Mark's Daily Apple. Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- Lynch, Rene (February 28, 2015). "Getting primal with Mark Sisson". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- Dwyre, Bill (August 1, 2008). "Cheaters still prosper in drug games". Los Angeles Times.
- "Mark Sisson". primalblueprint.com. Retrieved April 3, 2011.
- Haskell, Bob (August 20, 1976). "Mad Witch field minus Babbidge, defending champ". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved April 3, 2011.
- "Can you master your own epigenetics?". Los Angeles Times. May 3, 2010. Retrieved April 3, 2011.