|Born||July 20, 1953|
|Alma mater||Williams College|
|Occupation||Triathlete, marathoner, author|
Sisson is married to his wife Carrie. They have two children, Devyn and Kyle.
In the 1970s, Sisson was a record-setting runner for the Portland (Maine) Track Club.
Sisson served for 15 years as chairman of the International Triathlon Union (ITU) Anti-Doping Commission and as the ITU's liaison to the International Olympic Committee. He was asked to step down from the roles due to conflict of interest in 2003 when he started his own dietary supplement company, Primal Nutrition.
Sisson is a follower of the paleo diet and markets his own version of it, called the "Primal Blueprint" diet.. As part of this initiative, he started a food blog, "Mark's Daily Apple", in 2006 and has also written a number of diet and exercise books.
In 2015, Sisson and Morgan Buehler co-founded Primal Kitchen, "...an authentic, premium and growing brand that ... offer[s] health-conscious consumers the best possible choices in Condiments, Sauces, Dressings and Healthy Snacks." In 2018, Kraft Heinz announced a definitive agreement to acquire Primal Kitchen for approximately $200 million. 
- The Primal Blueprint (2009, ISBN 978-0982207703)
- The New Primal Blueprint (2016, ISBN 978-1939563309)
- The Keto Reset Diet (2017, ISBN 978-1524762230)
- Lynch, Rene (February 28, 2015). "Getting primal with Mark Sisson". Los Angeles Times.
- Dwyre, Bill (August 1, 2008). "Cheaters still prosper in drug games". Los Angeles Times.
- Dorsey, Patrick. "Mark Sission, 57, shows it's never too late to get ripped". Retrieved 2018-12-21.
- Haskell, Bob (August 20, 1976). "Mad Witch field minus Babbidge, defending champ". [Bangor Daily News.
- "Can you master your own epigenetics?". Los Angeles Times. May 3, 2010.
- Lambeth Hochwald, "Paleo vs. primal diet: What's the difference?" Archived 2017-09-18 at the Wayback Machine, Mother Nature Network, 28 May 2015.
- Hirsch, Lauren (2018-11-29). "Kraft Heinz agrees to buy paleo mayo and dressing company Primal Kitchen". CNBC.
- "Kraft Heinz Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Primal Kitchen". Business Wire. 2018-11-29.