|Birth name||Mark Allen Slaughter|
|Born||July 4, 1964|
Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
Mark Slaughter was born in Las Vegas, Nevada on July 4, 1964. Before the formation of Slaughter, Mark fronted Xcursion, a Las Vegas based Metal Band while attending Chaparral High School before joining the Vinnie Vincent Invasion, who had a hit song, "Love Kills", that appeared on the A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master movie soundtrack in 1988. After that band disbanded in the late 1980s, two of its members, Slaughter and Dana Strum, formed the group Slaughter.
Slaughter sold more than five million records in the 1990s. The group had four Top 30 hits on the Billboard charts with tunes such as "Fly To the Angels" and "Up All Night", and toured with bands such as Kiss, Poison, Ozzy Osbourne and Damn Yankees.
On January 22, 2015, Slaughter digitally released a solo album titled Reflections In A Rear View Mirror. The album was released worldwide and became available in CD format on May 22, 2015.
On May 26, 2017, Slaughter's second solo record, Halfway There was released via EMP Label Group.
- Jones, Sefany (May 16, 2003). "Capitol Records To Reissue Vinnie Vincent Invasion and Slaughter Albums". knac.com. Retrieved May 8, 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Slaughter: Chart History". billboard.com. Retrieved May 8, 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Volunteer 'drives' St. Jude message home". stjude.org. December 2004. Retrieved May 8, 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Duncil, Amanda (October 17, 2007). "Rock concert held to raise funds for St. Jude's". thecurrentsauce.com. Archived from the original on January 13, 2009. Retrieved May 8, 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "MARK SLAUGHTER TO RELEASE NEW SOLO ALBUM VIA DAVID ELLEFSON'S EMP LABEL GROUP; NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER". bravewords.com. Retrieved April 2, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)