Mark Sourian is an American film producer and studio executive.
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sourian grew up in the Lenox Hill section of New York City, son of two college professors. He graduated from Public School 6, Bronx High School of Science and, in 1995, Magna Cum Laude from Harvard College. He married Stephanie Moy in September 2016. They live in Los Angeles.
Sourian has worked most of his career as a film studio production executive, most notably as Co-President of Production at DreamWorks beginning in 2009, where he oversaw production of The Ring and House of Sand and Fog, among others, and, in 2015, as Executive Vice-President at Universal, where he oversaw production on The Fate of the Furious. As an independent producer, Sourian produced Need for Speed and executive produced Delivery Man, A Dog's Purpose and Ghost in the Shell.
- Fleming, Mike (2015-06-10). "DreamWorks Executive Mark Sourian Joining Universal As Executive VP". Deadline. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- "Veteran DreamWorks Exec Joins Universal Pictures". The Hollywood Reporter. 2015-10-06. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- Dave McNary (2015-06-10). "Universal, Mark Sourian: Studio Hires 'Need for Speed' Producer". Variety. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- "'Fast 8' to 'Criminal Minds': When On-Set Feuds Go Public". The Hollywood Reporter. 2016-08-17. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- Dave McNary (2013-08-01). "Mark Sourian Developing Navy Seal Movie". Variety. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- Dave McNary (2016-08-26). "'A Dog's Purpose' Trailer Asks 'What Is the Meaning of Life?'". Variety. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- Justin Kroll (2015-01-05). "'Ghost in the Shell': Scarlett Johansson Signs On to Star (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2016-09-30.