|Birth name||Mark Spiro|
March 28, 1957 |
Seattle, Washington, United States
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass, synthesizer, keyboard|
|Labels||Interscope, Sony, Empire, A Sun Hill Production AB|
Represented on over 100 million records sold worldwide, Spiro has delivered songs to artists such as Julian Lennon, Cheap Trick, John Waite, Heart, Laura Branigan, Bad English, Lita Ford, and Giant. He has also released solo material sporadically.
Originally from Seattle, Spiro relocated to Los Angeles to pursue a career within the music industry in his early 20’s. While in L.A., he met German record producer/label owner Jack White, after which he spent several years in Germany working as a singer, songwriter, and producer (Laura Branigan, Anne Murray, Englebert Humperdink, Pia Zadora, Hazell Dean).
Upon Spiro's return to Los Angeles in the mid-1980s, he began building a reputation as a successful songwriter with his first major cut on the Top Gun soundtrack, and has continued to write songs and produce for other artists.
Spiro was one of the first recording artists to be signed by Interscope Records/Jimmy Iovine. Scheduling conflicts/politics resulted in Spiro leaving Interscope Records. He later recorded Care of My Soul, a solo album released in Australia, Scandinavia, and Japan. In September, 2012 his brand new Care Of My Soul. Vol. 2 album was released by Sun Hill Production. At the same time an extended version of the Care Of My Soul Vol. 1 album was released. Both CD albums are available in digipack packaging with 8-12 page booklets as well as found on all digital platforms and formats. In late 2012 Spiro co-wrote and produced the duet "Someday"with Julian Lennon and Steven Tyler.
Spiro also produced for his daughters Ruby and Summer Spiro, who recorded for Lyric Street Records as the duo Ruby Summer.
- In Stereo (1986, Germany)
- Care Of My Soul (1994, Japan/Australia/Scandinavia)
- Now Is Then, Then Is Now (1996, Europe & Scandinavia)
- Devotion (1998, Europe & Scandinavia)
- The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of (1999, Europe & Scandinavia)
- King of Crows (2003, Europe & Scandinavia)
- Mighty Blue Ocean (2005, Europe & Scandinavia)
- It's a Beautiful Life (January 2012)
- Care Of My Soul Vol. 1 (2012, September 12. (World)
- Care Of My Soul. Vol. 2 (2012, September 12. (World)
Original music for TV series
- One Tree Hill - "Darling It Was You"
- Marker - original music for thirteen episodes
- Fame - "Man in the Mirror"
- Julian Lennon - "Saltwater"
- Top Gun soundtrack – "Mighty Wings" by Cheap Trick
- True Romance soundtrack - "In Dreams" by John Waite
- Selena soundtrack - "Only Love" by Selena
- Music from Another Room soundtrack - "Day After Day" by Julian Lennon
- Anne Murray - "Are You Still in Love with Me"
- Lila McCann (Multi-Platinum)
- Bad English
- John Waite
- Ruby Summer
- Mike Reno
- Cheap Trick
- REO Speedwagon
- Luis Miguel
- Luis Angel
- Mr. Big (band)
- Indigo Balboa
In addition to eight of his own records, Spiro has produced records for:
- Lila McCann (Produced 2 Records)
- Mike Reno
- John Berry
- María Conchita Alonso
- Anne Murray (Produced 2 Records)
- McAlyster (Produced 1 Record)
- Ruby Summer (Produced 2 Records)
- Leslie & Kelly (Produced 3 Records)
- "MARK SPIRO". metalheaven.net. Retrieved 18 November 2015.