||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mark Storey is a board member of the Naturist Action Committee and has testified at anti-nudity legislation hearings all over the United States.
As editor for Nude & Natural, The Naturist Society's magazine, he has written interesting and informative narratives of the naturist events he has participated in or helped organize, as well as places he has traveled to. He did a great piece on the nude beaches of Long Island on the east coast and participated in the Fremont Fresh Air Festival along with two other intrepid clothesfree activists as nude bicyclers to much media attention.
He is a founding member of the Body Freedom Collaborative in Seattle whose goal is to bring attention for the need for legal clothing-optional beaches through "guerilla pranksterism", among other approaches. He co-founded World Naked Gardening Day and is the current lead on that project.
In 1999 he led the effort to defeat Washington Senate Bill 5351, a measure that would have placed skinny-dippers on the state's list of sex offenders.
Mark is also author of a book, Cinema Au Naturel: A History of Nudist Film, and editor of another, Theatre au Naturel: A Collection of Naturist Plays. In 2003, he was instrumental in getting several of the plays later published in this book performed at the Seattle Fringe Festival.
- Storey, Mark Theatre au Naturel: A Collection of Naturist Plays (Trade Paperback) Heureka Productions (June 20, 2005).
- Storey, Mark Cinema Au Naturel: A History of Nudist Film. Published by Naturist Education Foundation (July 1, 2003).
- Storey, Mark and others The World's Best Nude Beaches and Resorts - The Top 1,000 Places to get Naked Published by The Naturist Society LLC and Lifestyle Press Ltd
- Nude & Natural Social Nudity, Sexual Attraction, and Respect by Mark Storey, 24.3 Spring 2005.
- Nude & Natural Children, Social Nudity and Academic Research by Mark Storey, 23.4 Summer 2004.
- Nude & Natural Takin' It to the Streets: The Cutting Edge of Naturism by Mark Storey, 23.4: 73, Summer 2004. Mark claims "The future of naturism is on public lands. To gain naturist freedoms on public lands will require getting naked in public".
- Nude & Natural The Offense of Public Nudity by Mark Storey
- Nude & Natural Naturism and Civil Disobedience by Mark Storey
- Nude & Natural The Bethell Approach: A Protest Colloquy/The Bethell Approach: Is the Time for Mass Nude Protests Upon Us? 21.2 Winter 2002. Includes statements by Vincent Bethell, Mark Nisbet, Cec Cinder, Paul Rapoport, Les Rootsey, Morley Schloss, T.A. Wyner, and Mark Storey.
- Nude & Natural (N), Guerilla Nudity/Wave Makers: Introducing the Body Freedom Collaborative by Mark Storey. Issue 23.1, Autumn 2003.
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Exposed and stark naked -- on purpose: But not all nudists support 'guerrilla' plans for prominent public exposure, by P-I reporter Kathy George, April 7, 2003 .
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Trio behind the arts: Three activists put on an eye-opening display yesterday by taking most of their clothes off at the Fremont Fresh Art Festival, by P-I reporter Kathy George, 16 June 2003 Front page of local section, with color picture 
- Clothes free organizations
- List of public outdoor clothes free places
- Naturism and Nudism
- Public nudity
- Skinny dipping
- The Naturist Society