London, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Writer, radio producer, actor, film director, sound editor, businessman|
|Known for||BBC Radio 1 disc jockey, 1990s|
Mark Tonderai is a British entrepreneur, director, writer, actor and former disc jockey. He is co-founder of the London-based production company Shona Productions with his wife Zoe Stewart. He directs the crime drama television series The Five which first aired on April 2016 on the Sky 1 channel.
Tonderai began his career in the media working as a writer, producer and presenter for radio.
From early 1993 until late 1998 Tonderai was heavily involved in radio, and was the writer and producer of The Mark Tonderai Show, hosted on BBC Radio 1, and the Jam. Tonderai was also involved in numerous BBC Radio 4 projects, such as the Orldly Wise, Rainbow Nation and Weekending, as well as Kiss 100's Rude Awakening, hosted on Kiss 100 London.
His debut film as screenwriter-director, called Hush was released in 2009. A psychological thriller, starring William Ash and Christine Bottomley Hush is a British horror/thriller film about a young couple on a motorway journey who are drawn into a game of cat and mouse with a truck driver following a near accident.
Tonderai and producer Mark Herbert from Warp X are in talks to co-produce Tonderai's next script, another thriller called I Die at Midnight. Film industry magazine Screen International has reported that Tonderai has his next five films already planned, including a Western called Stance.
In the summer of 2010, he directed the psychological thriller House at the End of the Street, based on a short story from Jonathan Mostow. The A Bigger Boat film is written by David Loucka. Filming of House at the End of the Street took place in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and it was released in September 2012.
- Kevin & Perry Go Large (2000), actor
- Dog Eat Dog (2001), writer/actor
- Hush (2008), director/writer
- House at the End of the Street (2012), director
- 12 Monkeys (2015), director
- Paranoid (2016), director
- Black Lightning (2018), director
- Doctor Who (2018), director
- Press Book House at the End of the Street, 2012
- Biographical detail Archived 13 December 2007 at the Wayback Machine.: WarpX.co.uk website.
- "The Five star Tom Cullen on the search for Jesse, Britnay shock and why "everything starts to fall apart"". Reveal. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "Mark Tonderai". IMDb. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- Further biography Archived 29 September 2006 at the Wayback Machine.: The Script Factory website.
- Mark Tonderai's filmography: IMDB.com website.
- "A Bigger Boat Puts Down Payment on 'House at the End of the Street' – Bloody Disgusting!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- Interview with Tonderai Archived 9 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Lodderhose, Diana (29 February 2008), "Shot in the Dark", Screen International, no. 1634, p. 10
- "A Bigger Boat Pulling Up to the House at the End of the Street". Dread Central. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- Michael Fleming. "Pair playing 'House'". Variety. Retrieved 9 May 2016.