Mark Tucker (business)
|Chairman of the HSBC|
|Assumed office |
1 October 2017
|Preceded by||Douglas Flint|
|President of the AIA Group Limited|
1 January 2011 – 1 June 2017
|Succeeded by||Ng Keng Hooi|
|Chairman of the AIA Group Limited|
12 October 2010 – 1 January 2011
|Succeeded by||Edmund Tse|
|CEO of the AIA Group Limited|
12 October 2010 – 1 June 2017
|Succeeded by||Ng Keng Hooi|
|CEO of the Prudential plc|
|Succeeded by||Tidjane Cheick Thiam|
|Born||29 December 1957|
|Education||Business Management (University of Leeds)|
Mark Edward Tucker (born 29 December 1957) is an English businessman, best known for his various roles at Prudential plc, where he was the CEO until September 2009. He currently serves as Group Chairman of HSBC Holdings plc.
He joined Prudential plc in 1986, initially working for Prudential Portfolio Managers. He progressed through various roles in the UK, Hong Kong, and the US, where he was a Senior Vice President at Jackson National Life from 1992 to 1993. He was appointed Chief Executive of Prudential Corporation Asia and an executive director of Prudential plc, but left the group in May 2004 after growing frustrated at the lack of upward opportunity at Prudential to join HBOS as Finance Director.
Following Jonathan Bloomer's ousting as CEO of Prudential in early 2005, due to bungled attempts to merge with American General and sell off Egg, Tucker rejoined Prudential in March 2005 as CEO. In March 2009 it was announced he will step down at the end of September 2009, Tucker stating he had achieved all that he wanted to achieve in the role and the decision to leave was "entirely personal". He does not intend to retire, stating "There’s at least one more big job in me". Tucker is a member of the Board of Directors of Goldman Sachs.. He served as the CEO and President of Asian focus insurer AIA Group from June 2009 to September 2017, where he successfully led the former Asian assurance arm of New York-based American International Group (AIG) for an IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in October 2010. It raised approximately HK$159.08 billion (US$20.51 billion), the world's third largest IPO ever.
Mark Tucker was appointed to the Board as a non-executive director and Group Chairman-designate of HSBC Holdings plc on 1 September 2017. He became non-executive Group Chairman on 1 October 2017, succeeding executive chairman Douglas Flint who retired. 
- Jones, Adam (2009-03-19), "Tucker to leave Prudential", Financial Times, retrieved 2009-03-19
- Reece, Damian (2007-08-20). "Mark Tucker: Steering a safe course at the Pru". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 2007-08-28.
- Felsted, Andrea (2009-03-19), "Pru's new chief Tidjane Thiam seen as 'bold' choice", Financial Times, retrieved 2009-03-19
- "Goldman Sachs – Leadership – Board of Directors". Goldman Sachs. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "AIA's successful listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange" (PDF). 2010-10-19. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04.
- Brinded, Lianna (2017-03-13). "Who is Mark Tucker, HSBC's new incoming chairman?". Business Insider UK. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
Douglas Flint (As Executive Group Chairman)
| Group Chairman of HSBC
2017 – Present
|This article about a British businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|