Mark Twain State Park
|Mark Twain State Park|
|Missouri State Park|
|Named for: Mark Twain|
|Elevation||607 ft (185 m) |
|Area||2,775.14 acres (1,123 ha) |
|Management||Missouri Department of Natural Resources|
|Visitation||348,085 (2014) |
|Website: Mark Twain State Park|
Mark Twain State Park Picnic Shelter at Buzzard's Roost
|Nearest city||Santa Fe, Missouri|
|Area||less than one acre|
|MPS||ECW Architecture in Missouri State Parks 1933-1942 TR|
|NRHP reference #||85000515|
|Added to NRHP||March 4, 1985|
Mark Twain State Park is a state park in the U.S. state of Missouri consisting of 2,775.14 acres (1,123.06 ha) located in Monroe County. The park offers recreation on Mark Twain Lake as well as hiking trails and campgrounds. The park is adjacent to the Mark Twain Birthplace State Historic Site.
The Mark Twain State Park Picnic Shelter at Buzzard's Roost is a historic picnic shelter located at Mark Twain State Park. The shelter was built about 1941 by an all African-American Civilian Conservation Corps company. The shelter is constructed of stone in a rustic style.:335–337 It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
- "Mark Twain State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Missouri State Park Advisory Board Annual Report 2008". Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- "State Park Land Acquisition Summary". Missouri State Parks. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- "Missouri State Park Attendance (2014)" (PDF). Missouri State Parks. 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 21, 2015. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Mark Twain State Park". Missouri State Parks. Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- James M. Denny and Bonita Marie Wright (November 1984). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: ECW Architecture in Missouri State Parks 1933-1942 TR" (PDF). Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2017-01-01. (includes 1 photograph)
- Mark Twain State Park Missouri Department of Natural Resources