Mark Verstegen is the President and Founder of EXOS. He serves as the Director of Performance for the NFL Players Association, and, introduced by Jürgen Klinsmann in 2004, is an athletic coach for the German national football team. He also set a Guinness World Record with Sheraton Hotels for the World's Largest Resistance Band Strength Training Class.
He directs a team of performance, nutrition and rehabilitation specialists to train athletes including 2010 NFL #1 Draft Pick Sam Bradford and the last 5 #1 NFL Draft Picks, the German National Soccer Team, USA Men's National Team, Everton F.C. and the MLS's Los Angeles Galaxy, Chivas USA and Sporting Kansas City; baseball's Justin Morneau, Brian Roberts and Evan Longoria; NFL players Mike Karney, Max Starks, Terrell Thomas; hockey players Chris Drury and Angela Ruggiero; and NBA players Kevin Love and Caron Butler.
- The Core Performance: The Revolutionary Workout Program to Transform Your Body & Your Life (2005) ISBN 1-59486-168-4
- Core Performance Essentials: The Revolutionary Nutrition and Exercise Plan Adapted for Everyday Use (2006) ISBN 978-1-59486-627-2
- Core Performance Endurance: A New Fitness and Nutrition Program That Revolutionizes the Way You Train for Endurance Sports (2006) ISBN 978-1-59486-352-3
- Core Performance Golf: The Revolutionary Training and Nutrition Program for Success On and Off the Course (2008) ISBN 978-1-59486-604-3
- Core Performance Women: Burn Fat and Build Lean Muscle (2009) ISBN 978-1-58333-362-4
- Every Day is a Game Day (2014) ISBN 978-1-58333-516-1
- "Mark Verstegen: Founder and Chairman, Athletes' Performance". Core Performance. Archived from the original on 2011-06-14. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- "The Andrews Institute is Home to the Fourth Athletes' Performance Training Facility" (Press release). Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine. 2007-04-05. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Tzortzis, Andreas (2006-03-28). "US guru whips German players into shape". Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- "Sheraton Hotels Launches Signature Fitness Offering Across Latin America". Barron's. 2011-06-20. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- "Athletes' Performance Trainee Sam Bradford Chosen as # 1 Overall Pick in the NFL Draft" (Press release). Athletes' Performance. 2010-04-23. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Lyttleton, Ben (2010-06-29). "Hi-tech US fitness gurus prove worth for Germans". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Lawrence, Ken (2009-09-19). "Moyes adopts the American way for Everton". ESPN. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- "Mateus Manoel Joins Staff". The Sporting Way. Sporting Kansas City. 2010-07-15. Archived from the original on 2012-03-16. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Mayo, Jonathan (2010-05-14). "Canadian backstop Deglan is Draft bait". MLB.com. Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Elliott, Helene (2009-10-16). "Angela Ruggiero isn't getting older -- she's getting better". LA Times. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to American sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|