Mark Victor Hansen
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mark Victor Hansen
|Born||January 8, 1948|
|Alma mater||Southern Illinois University|
|Occupation||Motivational speaker, trainer, author|
Mark Victor Hansen (born January 8, 1948) is an American inspirational and motivational speaker, trainer and author. He is best known as the founder and co-creator of the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series.
Along with business partner, Jack Canfield, Hansen is best known for creating what Time magazine called "the publishing phenomenon of the decade". Chicken Soup for the Soul books are one of the most successful publishing franchises in the world today, with more than 500 million books sold internationally and more than 100 licensed products. The name "Chicken Soup" was chosen because of the use of chicken soup as a home remedy for the sick. The first Chicken Soup book, published by Health Communications, Inc., sold more than 2 million copies. There are now over 500 million copies in print and in 54 languages worldwide.
In 2005, he co-wrote, along with Robert Allen, the book Cracking the Millionaire Code in which he highlights several self-made millionaires such as Bob Circosta, Michael Dell, Bill Gates, Alexander Graham Bell, Oprah Winfrey, and others, using them as examples of how to build wealth.
In 2006, Hansen co-wrote, with Art Linkletter, the book How to Make the Rest of your Life The Best of your Life. In 2010, Hansen co-authored, with Robert Allen, the book Cash in a Flash, as the sequel to the New York Times bestseller The One Minute Millionaire.
Also, he has appeared on TV infomercials, talking with and supporting Anthony Morrison, who introduced his internet product.
In 2004 Hansen was inducted into the Sales & Marketing Executive International’s Hall of Fame, receiving the Ambassador of Free Enterprise award. He is also the recipient of the 2004 Visionary Philanthropist for Youth Award by Covenant House of CA.
In 2002 The University of Toledo presented Hansen with an Honorary PhD in Business Administration and established the Mark Victor Hansen Entrepreneurial Excellence Fund that will help shape the minds of future business leaders and assist in the development of the faculty who will teach them.
In 2000 The Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans honored Hansen with the prestigious Horatio Alger Award as an American leader who personifies the virtues and principles inherent in the success stories written by nineteenth-century American author Horatio Alger Jr.
In 2000 Northwood University honored Hansen as the Outstanding Business Leader of the Year.
- Rivera, Jeff (February 23, 2011). "SO WHAT DO YOU DO, MARK VICTOR HANSEN, CO-CREATOR OF CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL?". Mediabistro. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- Canfield, Jack; Hansen, Mark Victor (7 August 2012). Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul: Stories of Courage, Hope and Laughter for Kids ages 8–12. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 9781453279052 – via Google Books.
- "Mark Victor Hansen". www.awarenessmag.com.
- Gorney, Cynthia (29 September 2003). "Chicken-Soup Nation" – via www.newyorker.com.
- "How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Cash in a Flash: Real Money in No Time". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "The One Minute Millionaire by Mark Victor Hansen, Robert G. Allen: 9780307451569 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books". PenguinRandomhouse.com. Retrieved 2020-06-03.