|Birth name||Vincent Alvaro|
4 September 1993 |
Caringbah, New South Wales, Australia
Mark Vincent (born 4 September 1993 in Caringbah, New South Wales) is an Australian tenor. Vincent won Australia's Got Talent on 22 April 2009. His main inspiration is his late grandfather, Bruno, who raised him and taught him how to sing. Vincent has said that he would like to follow in the footsteps of his idol Anthony Warlow. He also stated that he admired opera singers Andrea Bocelli and Luciano Pavarotti.
Vincent attended school at De La Salle College Caringbah and De La Salle College (Cronulla, NSW). He hopes to study at the Conservatorio di Musica Giuseppe Verdi (the Milan Conservatory), the leading musical institution in Italy where Giacomo Puccini also studied.
Two of Vincent's albums, Compass and The Great Tenor Songbook, have been certified Gold in Australia.
Vincent has just finished performing over 130 shows for the world renowned musical, Dirty Dancing around Australia.
|Year||Album title||ARIA peak|
|2009||My Dream – Mio Visione||2|
|The Great Tenor Songbook||18|
|2011||Songs from the Heart||10|
|2013||The Quartet Sessions||16|
|2014||Best So Far||15|
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (14 September 2009). "Teen opera sensation making his mark". The 7:30 Report. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
TONY LEGGE [of Opera Australia]: ... [H]e's a tenor and tenors are rare.
- "Schoolboy with the big voice goes gold!". sydneycatholic.org. 20 July 2009. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- Sadlier, Kevin (4 December 2010). "The world is the next step for Mark Vincent". theleader.com.au. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- Sadlier, Kevin (23 April 2009). "He's got talent!". The Leader. Retrieved 13 May 2009.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2010 Albums". aria.com.au. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "Latest News Article - Carols in the Domain". Woolworths Limited. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "australian-charts.com - Discography Mark Vincent". Hung Medien. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
|This article about an Australian opera singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|