|Alma mater||Creighton University (B.A.)
Northwestern University (J.D.)
|Occupation||Founder, Chief Executive Officer of Guggenheim Partners
Chairman of Los Angeles Dodgers
|Home town||Cedar Rapids, Iowa|
Mark Walter is a founder and the chief executive officer of Guggenheim Partners, a privately held global financial services firm with more than $240 billion in assets under management and headquarters in Chicago and New York. He is also the Chairman of the Los Angeles Dodgers Major League Baseball franchise.
Mark is a Cedar Rapids, Iowa native and Graduate of Cedar Rapids Jefferson High School. In 1996, he co-founded the Liberty Hampshire Company, LLC with Steven E. Johnson, in Chicago. In 2000, he helped found Guggenheim Partners, LLC. Today, he is the chief executive officer of Guggenheim Partners, which has rapidly grown into a global, diversified financial services firm with more than $170 billion in assets under management, 2,200 employees, and 25 offices in nine countries around the world.
On May 1, 2012, Walter helped lead Guggenheim Baseball Management, LLC, a private partnership formed in 2011 to acquire the Los Angeles Dodgers, in the successful purchase of the storied baseball franchise for $2.15 billion. His partners in Guggenheim Baseball Management include Todd Boehly, Bobby Patton, Peter Guber, Stan Kasten, and Earvin “Magic” Johnson.
On December 10, 2012, in its annual survey of the "50 Most Influential People in Sports Business," the SportsBusiness Journal named Walter the 8th most influential person in sports business due to the historic Dodgers purchase.
Mark Walter also serves as a trustee or director of several organizations including the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, Northwestern University and the Field Museum.
- Introduce Mark Walter - new Dodgers owners and chairman
- $2.2B Mark Walter Forbes profile - new Dodgers owners and chairman from Chicago (Creighton University; Doctor of Jurisprudence, Northwestern University)
- Mark Walter MLB Biography - controlling owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Chicago financier Mark Walter, who will have a controlling stake in the Dodgers if his group's deal goes through, avoids the spotlight.
- Founder & CEO of Guggenheim Partners - Mark Walter - Source of Wealth: Guggenheim Partners - Birth Place: Iowa
- Mark Walter moves quietly and effectively - Former Jefferson High classmates recall him as smart, driven, quiet, friendly
- Mark Walters believes in Yasiel Puig in July 2015
- "Sparks bought by investment group led by Magic Johnson and Mark Walter". February 4, 2014.
|Chairman of the Los Angeles Dodgers