This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Incorrect translation of German film titles (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Early life and education
Mark Waschke was born as second of 3 sons in Wattenscheid, Germany. His father was a surgeon and his mother a nurse. In 1980, his father was accepted as head of surgery at a hospital in Sulzbach, Saarland, and the family moved to Friedrichsthal. Waschke joined the local children´s theater and later an amateur theater group.
From 1999 until 2008, Waschke was a regular staff member of the Berlin theatre company Schaubühne under Thomas Ostermeier, who has described him as "a goodlooking, virile actor, who takes full responsibility for his play and display of emotional diversity.
In 2006, he performed at the Deutsches Theater Berlin in Kasimir und Karoline by Ödön von Horváth (directed by Andreas Dresen) and in 2009 at the Maxim Gorki Theater Berlin in Leonce and Lena by Georg Büchner , directed by Jan Bosse.
Since 2005, Waschke has appeared in television series and films, notably Buddenbrooks, directed by Heinrich Breloer, 2008, Habermann (2010), The City Below, directed by Christoph Hochhäusler, 2010 Summer Window, directed by Hendrik Handloegten, 2011 and Generation War, directed by Philipp Kadelbach, 2013.
Since 2009, he has been a regular member in the Tatort series, playing detective Robert Karow since the 2015 episode "Ätzend", directed by Dror Zahavi until his last episode, as of 2017, "Amour fou".
Since the 2013/14 season, he has rejoined the Schaubühne. He has said, that acting on stage is a mental and physical need, not only because it does not get interrupted as in filming but also "for a different kind of responsibility, for oneself, the role, the play, the great ritual, which at best doesnt only do something for the audience [...]. In a rare moment it becomes utopia."
In 2009, Waschke won the Prize for Best Actor in a leading Role at the Roma Fiction Fest and the Bavarian Film Awards for Best Actor in Habermann, in 2012 he was awarded the Franz-Hofer-Prize and in 2013 he won the German Actors Award.
- 2007: Shadow Kids (TV movie) - Director: Claudia Prietzel
- 2007: Afternoon - Director: Angela Schanelec
- 2007: An Old Maid (TV movie) - Director: Hendrik Handloegten
- 2007: Die Blinde Fleck (TV Movie) - Director: Tom Zenker
- 2008: Mitte 30 (TV movie) - Director: Stefan Krohmer
- 2008: Die Lüge (movie) - Director: Judith Kennel
- 2008: Buddenbrooks - Directed by: Heinrich Breloer
- 2009: Entführt (movie) - Director: Matti Geschonneck
- 2009: Tatort - Höllenfahrt - Director: Tim Trageser
- 2009: Ob ihr wollt oder nicht! - Director: Ben Verbong
- 2010: Habermann - Director: Juraj Herz
- 2010: The City Below - Directed by: Christoph Hochhäusler
- 2010: Reunion with a stranger - Director: Niki Stein
- 2010: While You Were Sleeping - Director: Nicole Weegmann
- 2010: Murder - Family Ties - Director: Thomas Jauch
- 2011: The Fire - Directed by: Brigitte Maria Bertele
- 2011: Free-running Men (TV movie) - Director: Matthias Tiefenbacher
- 2011: And yet we love - Directed by Matthias Tiefenbacher
- 2011: Summer Window - Director: Hendrik Handloegten
- 2012: Murder in Ludwigslust - Director: Kai Wessel
- 2012: Barbara - Directed by: Christian Petzold
- 2012: Reed - Directed by: Claudia Lehmann
- 2012: Sixteen oaks - Director: Hendrik Handloegten
- 2012: &ME - Director: Norbert ter Hall
- 2013: Generation war (TV series)
- 2017: Dark (TV series)
- Mark Waschkes Karriere begann in Neuweiler, Saarbrücker Zeitung, 9 March 2010
- Mark Waschke in der Hörbar Rust, radioeins, 22 March 2015
- Julia Schaaf Der Neue ist ein arrogantes Ekel FAZ, 20 March 2015, quote=Er ist ein gutaussehender, viriler Schauspieler, der voll und ganz die Verantwortung für sein Spiel und die emotionale Vielfalt seiner Figuren übernimmt.
- Mark Waschke Schaubühne Berlin, n.d., retrieved 6 June 2017
- "ARD-Krimireihe: Meret Becker und Mark Waschke werden Berlins „Tatort"-Duo". Spiegel Online. 2014-02-11. Retrieved 2015-03-22.
- Mark Waschke n.d. IMDb.com, Inc, 6 June 2017