Mark Worthington (journalist)
Mark Alexander Worthington (born 10 May 1977) is a partner with Bell Pottinger, where he is currently Head of Corporate Practice based in Singapore. He regularly appears on Channel NewsAsia as an expert panelist on Views on the News. Worthington was formerly a Correspondent with BBC News, where he spent 10 years reporting for the BBC's network news programmes on television and radio.
This section has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Worthington was educated at Stubbington House School, a former boys' junior independent school in Ascot in Berkshire, which had relocated from the village of Stubbington in Hampshire, followed by Bradfield College, a senior boarding independent school in the village of Bradfield (near Reading), also in Berkshire, which he left in 1995. He then went up to Christ Church at the University of Oxford, where he was awarded a BA Honours degree in English Language and Literature. He also holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Broadcast Journalism from City University London.
Life and career
In 2011, Worthington reported for the BBC on the clearance of the illegal traveller site at Dale Farm in Essex and the aftermath of the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami in Japan. He has worked as the BBC's Midlands Correspondent and as a reporter for BBC Northern Ireland, where he was nominated for the international Concentra Award for outstanding video journalism. Mark Worthington has also worked as a news producer for the Japanese network Tokyo Broadcasting System, and was mentioned during the Hutton Inquiry as one of the journalists in contact with the government scientist Dr David Kelly (weapons expert).
- "Bell Pottinger".
- "Mark Worthington (agent". June Ford-Crush. 2012-01-15. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100913184341/http://alumni.independentschools.com/england/bradfield-college_669.html. Archived from the original on 13 September 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2012. Missing or empty
- Mark Worthington (2011-09-23). "BBC News - Dale Farm: High Court decision on travellers' site on Monday". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- "BBC News - Japan nuclear crisis: Radiation spike report 'mistaken'". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-03-27. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- "BBC Newsline Reporters • Newsline". Tvnewsroom.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- Chris Tryhorn (2003-08-14). "Letter reveals Kelly's media links | Media | MediaGuardian". Guardian. Retrieved 2012-11-30.