|• Total||28.77 km2 (11.11 sq mi)|
|Elevation||145 m (476 ft)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Markapuram is a town in Prakasam district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a municipality and the headquarters of Markapur mandal in Markapur revenue division. As of 2011[update] the town had a population of 71,092. It has radio station.
Markapuram is located at  It has an average elevation of 145 metres (475 ft)..
Markapuram is located on the Thokapalli - Nadayal State Highway. Railway station is 5 km from town. It is a part of the Guntur division of South Central Railway division. The railway line from Vijayawada to Guntakal passes through this station.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Guntur District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 133, 174. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Markapur
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.